Developer Exchange Program Requirements Changes

This is perfect to attract more people to develop games on the platform.

However, I don’t think it’s worth increasing the wait time for DevEx requests just to allow people to earn $175, if I had 50k Robux, I would rather reinvest them.

4 Likes

Im impressed as well and hope this program grows more and more in the future. For me the 100k → 50k requirement is great because I already have an ongoing premium I dont really plan on cancelling any time soon.

4 Likes

Premium is no longer required.

4 Likes

The progress bar has always been a thing. It only shows once you get to a certain % or have previously cashed out IIRC.

6 Likes

I’m very glad to see that more people have the option to use the Developer Exchange!

I am not, however, feeling very good about the lack of any news on improving the processing times. DevEx submissions are already scarily unpredictable as-is. I can only imagine this will do nothing in the way of hastening said wait times. It’s already frustrating enough that a cashout can take anywhere from 2 to 14 business days. I know that some developers rely on the DevEx team’s swiftness to pay bills.

Therefore I ask: are there any plans to improve submission times in the near future?

5 Likes

This might be one of the best news I’ve heard in a while, I have no conditions of paying for Premium, so this definetely makes me very happy that I will be able to use DevEx once I have enough robux in my account!

I also want to say how good of a change it is for other developers that are also in this sort of situation where they don’t have enough money to pay for Premium or are not allowed to purchase it.

3 Likes

I really hope this doesn’t affect DevEx processing times; because it was fine as it was before this change.

I also didn’t mind paying for Premium as it was easy to off-write the cost in terms of profits; (this and the 100K minimum) also allowed gatekeeping of the DevEx program to prevent everybody and their mother from submitting a DevEx request.

I also feel like having Developers as Premium members influenced the playerbase to also invest in Premium similar to influencers on platforms influencing people to buy products; which also increased Roblox revenue, making a more valuable company - though this could be a minimum effect - I have no idea as I have no access to Roblox metrics.

Realistically, the sad thing is none of these benefits really affect a ‘proper’ game developer as most of us are millionaires in terms of Robux. Thus no requirement to buy Robux, no real care for discounts as it’s neligble anyways and most of us are above the age to be playing simulator games that endorse appropriate premium content.

From what I was hearing in my inner-circle DevEx exchange times have been getting longer and longer over the course of 2021 - I usually only submit one during april for a large sum so I’m not a first-hand experiencer. So I really hope that Roblox is investing more into their DevEx team to give them the appropriate staff to avoid a potential forest fire disaster from the increased wait times.

The only real thing we’ve been asking for is a slight raise in DevEx exchange rates due to the increasing inflation around the world.

6 Likes

Awesome change, I was worried what I’d do when I run out of premium tomorrow. So happy!

3 Likes

No longer a need to get Premium! Unless that got me more group space… 100 can be limiting as a creator for such a big platform & roles. Oh well great news either way, gonna help a lot of people to cashout!

3 Likes

This is an amazing update and has helped multiple people including me, Thank you Roblox for listening!

3 Likes

Oh ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for letting me know I have updated my post accordingly. I assume since the minimum was lowered I now have a high enough percent for it to show that bar.

3 Likes

This is amazing for new developers. Before, getting to 100k Robux with little to no funds for advertising seemed like climbing a mountain with no gear. Glad to see it’s been reduced.

Premium never really made sense for being able to exchange anyways. I can assume it was there to rake in extra money/stop malicious users from cashing out from tons of accounts but those can both (and probably are) be solved a different way.

Anyways, glad to see this change. Keep it up!

3 Likes

The rates are the same though. I don’t see a big change.

3 Likes

for those people who keep on complain about devEx requirements… Roblox lowered it to 50k from 100k thats like a drastic decrease so you should be satisifed now.

3 Likes

Yippee! I’ve been waiting for a long time for premium to no longer be a requirement for DevEx! So happy to see these changes!

3 Likes

thank u DevRel : D

this is going to be very nice in the future when i can devex

(also ty again DevRel for being awesome!!!)

4 Likes

Great to see this implemented! I can only hope there will be a addition to staff for DevEx so there isn’t a longer than usual wait time when exchanging. It’s sad to see premium becoming less and less useful but it also benefits people who don’t want to buy premium so it balances out.

4 Likes

Thx So Much for this Update! I was Waiting for this Moment xD

Now you just Need to Increase the Devex

4 Likes

This is amazing! for the first time in a while, I feel like I have a chance!
This is an amazing change as I can not afford premium! Thank You so much

4 Likes

This is awesome! Never had I ever imagined to have the chance to DevEx. Thank you so much for the opportunity!

Edit (17/2/2022): got my payment today, i feel chad :sunglasses:

4 Likes