Developer Exchange Program Requirements Changes

Amazing change! Now more people are going to be able to cash out.

4 Likes

that is a good thing for premium being useless, you dont want to pay a monthly platform fee to be eligible for anything

7 Likes

(post deleted by author)

4 Likes

Can you link to the source? This seems like a made up fact.

5 Likes

What is the proof and how do you know it.

3 Likes

Asimo said it a year ago, or 2

3 Likes

Well maybe they can’t now, be grateful a long time ago Roblox increased the rates

2 Likes

Roblox was not big before, and they increased the rate while it was not really a good idea i guess. But Today Roblox can obviously increase the rate

2 Likes

From where did you get THAT thought? Roblox is operating a net loss

pm me if you want to continue this further

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion time.
I personally do not see the requirement for an increase in devex rate. If your game makes about 300K revenue a month, that is equivalent to about minimum wage in U.S. Heck, even only getting 100K revenue a month is a good of side money that can go towards bills and such. I’m sure most devs who earn that much haven’t graduated college yet. If you have games that are well monetized and with a few hundred players, you can easily make this amount.
Yes, I’m well aware how difficult it is while initially starting out, but I’m sure Roblox has also considered the GIANT games with 100K+ concurrent players who make insane money every month.

3 Likes

So in other words, you have no first party source, so you don’t know if it’s true. Asimo does not work for Roblox. Please don’t state things as facts when they are not.

4 Likes

Sounds Like A Great Idea To Me! I think when “People Make Games” said how Roblox was exploiting children, Roblox wanted to make it a little bit easier for younger developers to earn off this platform.

4 Likes

This is honestly an amazing change, especially since I rely on commissions for my income. Earning 100k+ Robux just from commissions seemed a little bit daunting, but with the reduction, I can complete my first DevEx which is very motivating.

3 Likes

I really want to hold my opinion on this but your statement made me a bit furious. How ignorant do you have to be to say that you don’t think anyone needs $87. In some less developed countries, it is still a fact that $87 is worth a monthly salary, or at least it’s worth half a month. Every cent matters.

Also @NKM9 call me a hypocrite but don’t minimod.

2 Likes

Now you just need to increase our profit margins to something higher than 22%.

Can’t wait for my DevEx requests to take 2 weeks because so many more people are going to be applying.

4 Likes

What does that mean? I’m confused. So you don’t have to wait a month to cash out again if you have premium and you have above 50k robux or what did that mean.

2 Likes

Will this increase the wait time for cashing out?

3 Likes

Excellent step in the right direction! Now, increasing the DevEx rates, that, will be unfathomably amazing.

(Please, we have asked for this for ages)

3 Likes

I am Latin American and even lived in Venezuela all my life until the last three years.

I’m sorry if my statement sounded a bit too harsh, I do think $175 is a good income and $87 is something (although I would still rather reinvest the Robux than exchange them).

I was only considering those who live in more developed countries, where as far as I know most Roblox developers come from.

2 Likes

I wonder what report caused Roblox to do this…

But anyways, good update! I see the DevEx programme going in an upwards trajectary. Having it lowered to 50k (or about ₽12687) would make more people going into Roblox development.

2 Likes