Developer Exchange Program Requirements Changes

This is an excellent change, I’ve been waiting for some change to the DevEx program for a while now, and here it is! Is the cooldown period for cashing out still the same?

2 Likes

This is great, I finally have a chance of getting some cash!

3 Likes

Why did people want it so you didn’t have to have premium. I mean, before this update you would of gotten around 300 USD. Was five dollars that big a deal?

3 Likes

I remember seeing a table with all the Counties, available payment methods, and fees, on devex portal, can’t find that now, could someone link it to me please?

2 Likes

When i had Premium I cashed out so it was pending for few days and on the day my Premium ended it cancelled the cash out

2 Likes

I believe the rule about cashing out only once per calendar month still exists for all users. This change indicates that Premium memberships are no longer part of the DevEx requirements, therefore if you earn 50k Robux from your creations and meet all the remaining requirements such as having an email linked to your account and being 13 or older, you will now be able to cash out without having to buy Premium.

This unfortunately means the number of Premium benefits has been reduced, and while this is a great change for less popular developers, I fear that a majority of users are going to cancel their memberships, as the number of features available to free accounts has been rising over the years, and not as much for Premium features.

4 Likes

Great, but a rate increase needs to be soon. $350 in 2017 (when the last time rates increased) is now $400 today due to inflation, but the rate is still $350.

6 Likes

What’s the point of lowering the requirements if the rates aren’t going to be changed anyways?

2 Likes

Lower requirements equal to more people be able to DevEx. If this change wasn’t made people would have been complaining about it. Just search on Devforum… you’ll eventually get what am trying to say.

4 Likes

good update i received my devex payment in 4 days from submitting

3 Likes

Do those other platforms have any players compared to roblox? No. My game on both platforms would earn more on roblox at the end of the day! We are paying extra for the playerbase that roblox has.

2 Likes

Premium was never the issue in this case. Roblox themselves even specified somewhere in the DevEx terms of service that premium was only required to submit one. I have no idea why your DevEx was rejected, but for most people it’s usually one or more of the following;

• Poor community standing account
  • Robux was earned illegitimately or through a way they do not allow cashing out; i.e. selling collectibles for Robux.
  • This was your first time and you did not register for the supplier’s portal. They usually email you a link.
  • Your personal or tax information you submitted in the supplier’s portal is incorrect or unfinished.
2 Likes

The point is that people with less Robux and/or don’t have premium can easily convert Robux into real money with less requirements.

3 Likes

How is this an “illegitimately” way? Collectibles are bought with Robux, and then sometimes sold for Robux. If someone was a professional trader/collectible seller, sells a lot or all of his/her limited items, does that mean they can’t cash out at all?

2 Likes

The exchange rate is not terrible, it’s actually quite decent. But I do agree, it’s a little low.

2 Likes

“Robux was earned illegitimately OR through a way they do not allow cashing out”; I did not imply that collectibles were an “illegitimate” way of earning Robux, but I did say that you can’t use them to cash out. On the illegitimate side of things, I was implying off-site transactions. Did you misread something, or was my grammar not clear? (Genuine question, not being mean!) And yes that is correct, you cannot sell your collectibles to then cash out. The Robux has to be earned through other ways, i.e. group payouts, premium payouts or gamepass/developer product sales.

2 Likes

You could always invest that robux in your own game or group. I’ve earned 15k+ more than I invested.

2 Likes

I guess it was the grammar in your post :wink:

2 Likes

Roblox premium is useless now,
I’m glad. :+1:
I am a small developer and now I can actually earn money without paying anything and without having to worry about my premium expiring.
Thanks Roblox, very cool
This will help out lots of small developers im sure

2 Likes

non of them, I really don’t know why it got rejected.

2 Likes