Developers impacted by game pass incorrect distribution bug

Hey Developers,

We had a bug in last week’s release related to Game Passes. This was quickly rolled back, however, in the short time it was live, Robux distributed through group funds was incorrectly dispersed. Instead of the earned funds going to groups, the funds went to the creators of the Game Passes.

We are taking full responsibility for the loss of revenue and will be reimbursing the groups that did not receive the correct amount of Robux. Our Customer Service team has reached out to owners of the affected groups via Roblox private message and will be granting the full amount of Robux lost to each group.

What this means for you?

• We will not be deducting any Robux you may have gained as a result of this issue.
  • We will be granting the affected groups the correct amount of Robux that was lost.

To give you more context, please take a look at the following two Developer Forum bug reports created by other developers.

Here’s the thread announcing the update that caused this issue:

If you have any questions please let us know and our team will have an answer for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

17 Likes

Doubled Robux?

Yeah. Good news for a lot of groups.

I was thinking this

for example, I only sold a couple of game passes and the robux into my account instead of group funds

does this mean free robux?!

People that sell lots of gamepasses enjoy their compensation gift for removing tix.

It was actually so sporadic that sale volumes didn’t seem very impactful.

yeah I think I only made a few thousand, couldn’t have been longer than an hour or two before they reverted the change

I seem to have been getting random purchases on my account from GamePasses I uploaded for Robloxian High School, going back as far as August 31. Was this really a one day bug?

Definitely wasn’t one day. I had it back to August 31 as well. Maybe they implemented something for testing before actually releasing it publicly.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.