DevForum Condensed (DevForum Redesign)

A modification to the Roblox DevForum theme that allows more information to be seen on the screen at once.

About

DevForum Condensed is a User Style/Theme that modifies certain aspects of the Roblox DevForums website. Instead of being constricted to a section in the middle, topics and posts strech across the entire screen. Padding and margins are additionally removed from multiple elements, brining everything closer and allowing more content to be shown on the screen at once.

Varibales

This theme features multiple variants which the user can modify. Below is a list of all the variables, the available options, and what they change.

Variable Name Variable Types Modifies
UseCustLogo 1
1: Uses the Custom “DevForum Condensed” logo
0: Uses the Default Logo
ThemeType Light
LightAlt
Dark
DarkAlt
GreyAmberRobloxDark
Intersex
Transgender
NonBinary
Pride
Bisexual
Lesbian
Pansexual
ManGayPride
Changes the Custom “DevForum Condensed” Logo Colour (to better fit theme choice and preference.) Will be ignored if UseCustLogo is 0
UnUglify 1
1: Slightly Modifies the Dark Theme, Changing the Orangish Red Buttons/Highlights to Blue
0: Uses the default Colours for Dark Theme
OpenDyslexic 1
1: Changes the font from Public Sans to OpenDyslexic
0: Keeps the font to the (style) default Public Sans
FooterType Default
RemoveRecommended
RemoveExternalLinks
RemoveBoth
Default: Does Nothing
RemoveRecommended: Removes the Recommended Topics Under Topic Pages
RemoveExternalLinks: Removes the Roblox External Links Under All Pages
RemoveBoth: Removes Both
RevDesc 1
1: Removes the Descriptions from Categories and Subcategories
0: Does Nothing
RevLatest 1
1: Removes the Latest Section from Categories and Subcategories
RemoveSlider 1
1: Removes the Right-Hand Slider from Topic Pages
RevPosterImgs 1
1: Removes the Original Poster and Frequent Poster Avatar Images from Topic List
TopicStats 1
1:Removes the Replies, Views, and Activity Sections of the Topic List
RevTags 1
1: Removes the Tags Under Topic Names in Topic List
SubCatTags 1
1: Removes the Sub Category Tags Under Topic Names in Topic List
SubCat 1
1: Removes the Sub Categories When Viewing Categories

Note: While switching font to OpenDyslexic is an option, I wouldn’t recommend using this theme if you have dyslexia or other impairments that may make it more difficult to read/see. This stylus removes the spacing between multiple parts of the website, which may make it harder for such people to as easily use the website.

Known Issues :construction:

• The Swap Font to OpenDyslexic and Make Dark Theme Less Ugly options don’t work on Roblox Dark Theme Mode

• Replies on Topic Posts look Very Messy

• The page glitches for a few seconds after pressing the “Close” button on the Post Creation Popup/Window

• The SubCat variable does nothing to resources category (and also not Lounge since I cannot access it as a member)

• The Alternative Sidebar still appears

• If the post features a block of text that is long/wide enough, the hover of the post actions slightly overlaps the text

Installation

Install the Stylus extension for Firefox or Chrome/Chromium Based Browsers

You can find the DevForum Condensed Theme on UserStyles.World by going here. On this page, scroll down until you see a “Install” button. Once clicked it will direct you to the Stylus sytle installation screen, on this simply click the “Install style” button.

(you can also get the .css file from the Github Repo)

Creator Information

If for whatever reason you intend on contacting me, you can check out my cardd here

A lot of blood, sweat, and tears was put into this (okay, maybe a little bit of an exaggeration) so it be greatly appreciated if you tested it out and reported any issues or suggested any changes that you’d like to be seen. I’m still gaining a grasp on this whole Stylus thing so the code probably isn’t the best or I may have made a few mistakes here or there, so please, point them out if you notice them!

Also this is a one-person creation so I wont be able to push out updates as soon as a feature is requested or as soon as an issue is pointed out, but I’ll try my best to be as quick as possible to getting around to it!

PS

Thought I would mention this since a post regarding it was posted ~1 day ago, the DevStyle theme appears to be compatible with the DevForum Condensed (from my initial testing.) I also plan on possibly making some other modifications through other Sytlus themes (like potentially a high contrast version) that will also be compatible with DevForum Condensed.

The DevStyle theme is created by @Hyper_Studiosss and can be accessed here (just note that if any issues arise from DevStyle or the usage of another Stylus theme, I may not be able to assist depending on the cause of it. If you are reporting any issues with the theme, please disable other themes you may have enabled for the DevForum to see if its specific to the style itself or with combination with another (if so please link the other stylus theme(s) being used and I’ll take a quick look).)

13 Likes

Ah yes of course, I gotta use the LGBT themes :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

11 Likes

I was in one of those “what do I change” periods and I decided to add some extra pride-related versions of the logo. Only took me 10-20minutes tops to do so it really wasn’t that much from my end to implement. Of course, if you don’t want to use them, you can use the other options (or disable the custom logo entirely and use the default one.)

3 Likes

Can we get a theme for countries next, I am Mexican I need that mexico theme please :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

8 Likes

Don’t want to drown people in too many options (nor do I want to die internally from all that work), plus the ThemeType doesn’t change anything but the logo itself, the rest of the website theme is determined by the option you’ve chosen on the website (though UnUglify lightly modifies the colours that make Dark theme look better.)

5 Likes

Here’s another screenshot with a few of the variables enabled. As you can see, the condensed theme allows you to see a lot more topics on the lists, a total of 25 posts if my counting is correct.

Compared to the default theme, where you can just barely see the first topic, most of the screen is covered by the subcategories. Another noticeable difference is that everything is constrained to the centre compared to the condensed which makes the page take up all available space.

4 Likes

I’m not gonna lie… I use light mode.

This is nice but it doesn’t suit me personally. I find it kinda hard to read all the stuff with the “normal settings”

2 Likes

Good point, I do plan on possibly adding the ability to change the font size (and possibly weight) in v1.5, should help with legibility (while still keeping the overall condenseness of the theme/style. May also try with other font choices (other then Public Sans or OpenDyslexic.)

4 Likes

Oh god… thats hidious. Especially the “LGBT” theme. How original. Its not june yknow? The accursed year.

Also I do appreciate the effort you put into this but it just looks hidious. As Its too cluttered now and just looks :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

As I stated in a earlier reply, the ThemeType doesn’t change anything but the logo itself (I’m creating a section of the GitHub which will allow people to more easily visualize that changes before testing it out for themselves), the rest of the website theme will follow whatever you’ve selected on the website (exemptions with UnUglify that slightly changes a few colours.) If you don’t want to use the Pride-themed Custom Logos, there’s also Light, LightAlt, Dark, DarkAlt, GreyAmber, and RobloxDark. If you don’t want to use the custom logo at all you can also disable the UseCustLogo variable (which then defaults to the original logo.)

4 Likes

okay. I am not gonna start an argument but uhh if I wont use usecustlogo then wont that just look like the default forum??

3 Likes

Disabling the UseCustLogo will change the logo and icon from the Custom DevForum Condensed Logo to the default unmodified ones, the rest of the style will still show. Here’s how you can access and change the variables;

1. To to your Stylus extension and click it, a popup should appear including stylus themes you have installed for the domain/website. You should notice “DevForum condensed”.

2. Click the gear icon and you should see a list of variables pop up. The “Use Custom Logo” would be the option you’re looking for.

PS: I may make an option/variable in v1.5 to remove everything but the stretching/widening of the page contents for people who would want just that.

3 Likes

I think you got confused. I meant like what happens if I do disable it would it just result back to default one?

3 Likes

With the option disabled, it will use the default, unmodified “Developer” logo and Roblox Studio Icon. The custom DevForums condensed logo only appears if you have Use Custom Logo enabled. The Theme Logo option/variable will do nothing if this option is disabled.

(Top: Use Custom Logo Disabled; Bottom: Use Custom Logo Enabled)

PS: You can view what all the variables do/change (with visuals) here

2 Likes

Coming soon to v1.5

• Ability to change font size and Weight

• Ability to disable Condensing of Elements keeping only the Widening of Content. Enabling this will make the Stylus Theme ignore all other elements except Use Custom Logo, Theme Logo, Font Size and Font Weight.

• Ability to choose your own Custom Font

2 Likes

Looks nice, looking forward to seeing more options, would love to collaborate to! Keep it up

1 Like

Update Tiem!

• Ability to Disable Condensing/Style
  • Ability to change Font Size with FontSize
  • Ability to change Font Weight with FontWeight
  • Ability to change Font Type with FontType
  • Added Alternative Topic Progress Bar to RemoveSlider
  • Formatting Changes to Make Expanding Replies Look Better
  • Ability to Change between Removing Category Descriptions, Sub Category Listings, or Both with CategoryInfo
    • Removed the RevDesc Variable
  • Ability to Change between Removing Latest Topics, Category Topics Info, or Both with CategoryTopicInfo
    • Removed the RevLatest Variable
  • Ability to Change between Removing Frequent/Original Poster Images, Replies/Views/Activity, or Both with TopicInformation
    • Removed the RevPosterImgs Variable
    • Removed the TopicStats Variable
  • Ability to Change between Removing Non-Subcategory Tags, Subcategory Tags, or Both with TopicTagInformation
    • Removed RevTags Variable
    • Removed SubCatTags Variable
  • Ability to Disable Every Style Customisation Except Wide Posts (and a few others) with WidePostOnly

P.S: I’ve additionally created a Wiki Section on the GitHub repo which should help with learning how to do certain things (like importing fonts.) It can be accessed here.

that’s alot of themes.
hope to see a custom theme setting
appreciate it tho.

Edit; using it, it’s pretty good!

1 Like

If you’re talking about the overall website theme, the extension makes no modifications to the colours of the website (exceptions with UnUglify.) The ThemeType variable only changes the custom DevForum condensed logo.

Though talking about theme settings, I have been actively considering about creating multiple custom themes for the DevForum. But I’ve been having difficulty in deciding how I’ll go along with executing such.

If custom themes are created for the DevForum website by myself, it will be done in one central User Style called “DevFourm Modified” (which is already available, but I want to see what I can do to add more content to it before announcing it fully.

ps: I’ll probably change the variable name to something more fitting to what it fully does, there appears to be overall confusion of what it does. But I’ve been working on a few other themes since the release of 1.5 (like Spotify Light and DevForum Modified (and Modified Mobile))

can we get a communist theme next

3 Likes