DevForum needs to start accepting people into bug reports and feature requests faster

As a roblox developer, it is currently too hard to address bug reports and helpful feature requests to the Roblox team. If you want to post a bug report, you must apply for @AllowBugReports, and for feature requests, it’s @AllowFeatureRequests. I applied for both of these a couple weeks ago, and I have still not been let in. I read from a reply that there was a person who had been waiting for 5 months and had still not been let in the group. I know that for bug reports, you can post in @Bug-Support, but still, you get what I’m talking about.

If devforum will consider my request, it would allow me and many other users to be able to inform Roblox employees about bugs at a much faster pace than contacted @Bug-Support, which commonly takes a very long time. It would also allow users to make helpful feature requests that could improve user and developer satisfaction with Roblox services.

Thanks!

7 Likes

@Hooksmith was addressing this issue, as far as we know, unless someone of the official team were to give use an answer we can rely on, all allowed access are at a pause until they find a solution since only “Regulars” or accepted people are able to create/formulate requests (this is to avoid an influx of people spamming since it’s a category where roblox engineers often browse or so I was told.)

But I second this, hopefully they will soon find a solution as there are people who have been here for more than one year and haven’t gotten it.

1 Like

I definitely agree with this.

I sent a request for AllowBugReports and another for AllowFeatureRequests both back in May and I still haven’t had any responses to either request. Bug reporting (and perhaps feature requests) should be a key part of an app like roblox studio accessible to all its users, and locking it behind a role that is incredibly hard if not impossible to obtain currently is certainly a strange idea.

1 Like

Please continue discussing on All forum users should have a path forward to be able to post in feature requests - #154 by Hooksmith !

For bug reports specifically, please continue discussing on The Big Bug Reporting Update, and make sure you have read all the staff updates in that thread.

3 Likes

Duplicate request