DevLog#1: The beginning of Ro-Nui!

What is Ro-Nui?

Ro-Nui (or Ro-Nui Online Game) is a 3D, ROBLOX version of Mata Nui online game (Or MNOG). That name may be familiar to some of you, to the rest, MNOG is a 2001 flash game by LEGO, to advertise Bionicle, at the time the best selling LEGO theme. I personally love Bionicle, but anyways, after flash stopped being supported by most browsers, I wanted to make a ROBLOX version of it. So I started.

1. Making the Movement system.
    if you didn’t know, MNOG is a 2D, click to move adventure game. So I wanted to make a quick movement module.
local module = {}

function module.Move(part)

local event = game.ReplicatedStorage.MoveEvent

part.MoveD.MouseClick:Connect(function(plr)
		event:FireClient(plr)
		plr.Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame = CFrame.new(part.Position.X,part.Position.Y - part.Position.Y,part.Position.Z)
	end)
end

return module

1. Modeling.
    (This is how Tohunga look like:)
    Screenshot 2021-05-28 133734
    Modeling was going to be the hardest part, I already had some masks and heads for the toa and tohugna (matoran), but, I needed the bodies for each character.

I made the body using negative unions, and then I needed to make the limbs.
    I started off making a quarter circle, and make it very thin to make it look like a tohunga arm. I then added small out crops to make it look more like the arms.
    I then began working on the hands. In MNOG, there is only the grab hand, unlike the sets where there are 2 hands, the grab hand, and the disk throwing hand, so I made a grab hand. I added the head, the arms, and the hands to a body, creating Macku in ROBLOX!

2. Detailed modeling.
    After making 75% of the tohunga, I had to make the feet.
    This is how the feet look:
    Screenshot 2021-05-28 133607
    I had a troublesome time making them.
    After sometime, I got to a basic version of the feet that I am happy with.

Conclusion:

Not many people will understand this, but if you made it to the end of the log, I at least hope that you have an idea of what I am trying to make, If you don’t, search up videos of Mata Nui Online Game, but If you understood everything to the end, please consider liking this topic, I have been working incredibly hard on this project.

If you know Bionicle lore like me, and you have some ideas, (like bohrok :eyes:, MNOG2, or even MNOG3) please comment this down below!

-Becon / Babybunnyiscute19

5 Likes

Devlog#2 is here!

can you atleast you use it lego in game? if you dont credit it you can get DMCA copyright.