Disabled Scripts

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to distinguish between scripts that are enabled and those that are not.
There was a feature request related to this issue on the devforum back in 2014: Italicized names for Disabled Scripts

You can’t quickly tell if any of these scripts are disabled, without clicking through each one and checking the Disabled property. This becomes a nuisance when your game has many scripts.

There should be a simple solution to this issue. Below is an example solution that I have thought of:

This solution will completely eradicate the problem (and the countless cases of users who fail to realize that they’re debugging scripts that they aren’t running).
It’s not necessarily a dire issue, but it would be a nice detail, and it would definitely help newer devs.

215 Likes

I quite like this idea, I’m in favour of it. Nothing to change, seems fine to me.

9 Likes

Oh my god why don’t we have this already? The amount of times I’m getting confused over old scripts and disabled ones really can slow down development and cause frustration.

This is needed in our lives.

26 Likes

I LOVE this idea. All the time, I’m confusing my disabled scripts and active scripts. I usually spend 20 minutes trying to debug a script and always wonder why whatever I do never works. Meanwhile, the script was disabled the whole time without even realizing. This would be a nice little addition that would make a great difference.

14 Likes

Support! I once spent half an hour trying to fix my script wondering what’s wrong, only to find out it’s just disabled.

11 Likes

This would help, Support!

6 Likes

I fully support this idea. It would be a huge help for developing projects.

Aye, support.

This would be cool.

I once had a plugin running in the background that would append “DISABLED” to the name of the script. Pretty easy to make something like that while we wait for this sort of feature.

2 Likes

support, although it wouldn’t make a difference to me either way.

Oh god yes! Support!

1 Like

Support,
I can think of a few times that would have saved me hours if confusion. Especially when I started out.

1 Like

Awesome!

I’d love to be able to mark objects as deprecated, too. Often I’m redesigning old UIs or something and can get confused (nothing a little name change can’t fix, but hey, the more merrier).

4 Likes

I love this idea, should be fairly easy to implement as well as all they have to do is apply a grey-scale filter to the image

2 Likes

This would be such a useful addition!

I can’t count how many times I’ve tried debugging a script only to find it was disabled for over 30 minutes each time lmao

6 Likes

Countless times I’ve tried debugging scripts thatt have been disabled, so obvious support!

4 Likes

I like this idea I think it would make it easier to locate disabled scripts.

1 Like

I once tried debugging a script for a whole day just to realise it was disabled :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway 100% support.

3 Likes

Damn, this blew up fast.

12 Likes

It’s because this would be an awesome feature that would easily improve Studio. :smiley:

2 Likes