Discord quicklink on your profile

100% Support, but it would very likely have to have a huge amount of restrictions on it because through discord you can send whatever you want; no roblox rules apply

what would these be?

This doesnā€™t make sense, because Youtube, Twitter, Twitch, and Facebook is allowed.

Which all donā€™t follow roblox rules.

Why are those allowed then? Discord is no different in terms of rules than the current allowed media.

In my opinion those other networks have got through as they were added before the massive moderation overhaul, now, it would be way less likely for things like those to be added. Also, the fact that its linked through roblox makes it appear like itā€™s endorsed by roblox. Most people know what twitter, youtube and facebook are, and so wont blame roblox for allowing links for it.

Having a discord link, however, means that that person can be exposed to anything, and if their parents see something inappropriate and theyā€™re a young child Iā€™d say theyā€™re pretty likely to say ā€œi clicked it on robloxā€ which places the blame on them, and as the parent likely doesnā€™t know what discord is, itā€™s way more their fault. Also, linking directly to discord is a clear avoidance of the roblox messaging and moderation system, so itā€™s unlikely theyā€™d endorse that.

The argument about being exposed to things is just plain stupid and should be thrown out tbh, twitter is far worse than Discord in regards to being exposed to things. If anything, discord is safer than any of the current links. :confused:

Itā€™s a useful tool used by nearly the entire site, even staff members, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll eventually be added, probably specifically only servers.

Possibly a way around the concerns with the servers could be submit your server rules list, and link for review before they allow the link/button to be public on your profile/group page.

2 Likes

indeed discord is far safer than twitter ; in twitter it needs only one single wrong click and every kids innocence dies in seconds ; in discord you only land on a in most cases moderated and usually far more safe chat .

I think all discord server links on roblox should get under moderation review and need to get approved before they become visible ; meaning the a roblox moderation team or a roblox bot would need to actually quickly check out / join the linked server in order to tell if its ā€œbasicallyā€ roughly ā€œsafeā€ or not.

3 Likes

definite support! but iā€™m not so sure about making it 13+ considering they dont do that with twitter.

I support this, make sure the feature is only accessible to 13+.

13+ I think might be a little odd because twitter and youtube isnā€™t. Rules are normally pretty well enforced by Roblox Discord Communities, with the only deviation being swearing to a degree is tolerated. This is definitely the case in my Discord with 13k members, and most of the other discords Iā€™m on.

on an unrelated note, I think itā€™s not allowed (currently) because of moderation

facebook, twitter, twitch, etc all moderate their content (yes swears and stuff get by)

by discord servers are self-moderation, so illegal stuff is more likely to occur

1 Like

yesā€¦ and no.

because twitter/facebook/youtube are all larger companies which have major issues with moderation.

and more times than not, illegal content gets through. Not to mention twitter allows 18+ content.

more time than not, a roblox related discord community is safer.

Support.

1 Like

yes and no again

youtube and twitter (not sure about facebook/other) usually have the confirm your age prompt (doesnā€™t really confirm your age, but you have to press a button before that content is viewed //both twitter and youtube have settings to block that content from even being viewed.

discord allows more (they do have rules, but itā€™s basically donā€™t post illegal stuff), but they must be labelled NSFW, but itā€™s simply that, a label, you donā€™t have to verify age or nothing/no settings to block NSFW content from being viewed.

but discord servers can be safe if they utilize bots/automatic moderation methods, however I see itā€™s the case that most servers simply are not. (thereā€™s even some roblox based servers with NSFW channels)

Judging by the lack of any kind of reaction from the staff, is it safe to say this wonā€™t happen?

5 Likes

Major Support!

Even if this is implemented it will probably be like the facebook button. You can add facebook to your profile, but you canā€™t say Facebook in game. lol

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see this added.

I post a lot of important information in my discord server, such as changelogs, known bugs and update announcements.

1 Like

I think Roblox has some sort of official presence on all the whitelisted sitesā€”i.e., a Twitter account, YouTube channel, etc.
Thatā€™s not the case with Discord.

Thereā€™s no official presence, but thereā€™s definitely presence. There are tons of Discord Servers for Roblox groups, games, ā€¦ and thereā€™s discord.gg/roblox which is unofficial (and it clearly states that too)

You canā€™t really ā€œhave a presenceā€ on discord, apart from having your own (partnered) server. There are quite a few of big names (and I even think roblox employees) at the top in the Roblox Discord. While it isnā€™t official, itā€™s definitely the main roblox discord. (and I think they wouldnā€™t mind with making roblox employees staff to become official)

Here are some of the Roblox servers that Iā€™m in:
(mind that for the online user count, itā€™s 3pm UTC, which is when most robloxians arenā€™t even online)
(verified: some servers require you to prove your discord username == roblox username)

• Roblox Discord (discord.gg/roblox) with 1400 online verified users (and 300 unverified online)
  • Jailbreak (discord.gg/jailbreak) with also 1400 online users
  • StyLiS Studios (discord.gg/stylis) with 1000 online users
  • Hidden Developers (discord.gg/hd) with 250 online verified users (and 70 unverified online)

I might note down the number of online users on a wednesday afternoon or so, when roblox is fully ā€œawakeā€

Those are just some servers Iā€™m in. All of them were active enough to get partnered with discord (static invite link) and have plenty of robloxians actively socializing in them. There are a lot more servers with hundreds (and even more than a thousand) of online users at a time.

As a discord.gg/roblox server admin, Iā€™d like you to know that Roblox has no expressed interest in making the server official. Some Roblox staff used to and still do have certain permissions in the server. Keep in mind that Roblox staff in the server are acting as community members, and will not allow inquiries to go through unofficial channels (such as DMs).

Sure, thereā€™s a huge fan presence on Discord, but it lacks the tools necessary to make it an environment that is controlled enough to meet Robloxā€™s online safety requirements (in terms of content more than anything). This is the most probable reason why Roblox has not whitelisted Discord on the website, as it cannot guarantee any form of protection for users going to those privately owned, independent servers.

Roblox canā€™t guarantee any form of protection on Twitter too. Swearing, and less so NSFW, is easily found on twitter