Discord Webhook | Http Forbiddeon

Thank you! And do you think that Kaitsy is right and discord might have blocked my from webhooks, despite not receiving any email or indication?

Discord did not block your webhooks. Discord blocked Roblox servers. So, your roblox servers can not access your webhooks.

No roblox game server can directly request or send data to the discord domain.

Oh. So it’s not just a me problem?

Did they do that again?
I thought they allowed us to do it. Oh well, if they did then just use a proxy like he said.

1 Like

Yeh, thanks so much you two! Kinda sucks that Discord did this though.

1 Like

They do. If you try to send a web request with the User-Agent set to Roblox’s User-Agent (Roblox/Linux), then you will see your request is immediately denied.

4 Likes

Proxys are getting blocked as of very recently too. I now have no way to communicate to discord from roblox webhooks.

Is there another alternative place I can post webhooks/data to? Idk about pastebin but like where else can we post stuff to and easily access?

Instead of using discord.com/api, you can use discordapp.com/api, apparently Discord forgot to block that legacy, but oh well, use it while you can.

Good find, but I really don’t think that usage of proxies should be encouraged here if the users of said proxies are going to continue to use Discord as a logging service, which it is not. This block is long overdue, and I honestly think it should be kept this way.

The same applies here. Just because they forgot to block Roblox on the legacy domain doesn’t mean that you should use it. If anything, doing the things I listed above will probably make them more likely to not unblock Roblox.

1 Like

This ban is platform wide, and you can thank the people that make stuff like message loggers

This is the big report, and discord has gone back to add the legacy api to block Roblox

2 Likes

I don’t think that Discord cares if you use it for logging, they only care if you spam their API, which is what 99% of these things did

3 Likes

I agree with that, but I think that a large amount of developers using Discord as a logging service completely disregard rate limits if they knew what they were in the first place. Either way, misusing a platforms API, (e.g., trello as a database, discord for logging) is bad practice and those platforms have every right to block other platforms that they believe to be abusing, spamming, or otherwise misusing their API.

Edit: Maybe a guide for newer developers on what is a logging service and what is not, along with a list of other free, easy-to-use services for their development needs off-platform would be nice for #resources:community-resources or #resources:community-tutorials. Not sure which that would fall under.

3 Likes

Agreed :100:, and since people were spamming the old api, I feel like this ban is just gonna last a while

And when I mean awhile, I mean like a few years

1 Like

I no longer can use it though and even Kirito22 cant either. Is there another communication platform we can post to? I remember a devforum post saying an alternative called Glitch or something? I just cant find it.

I think it was “Guilded

how to use this script ?

there is already a tutorial

how do i use this though, is there a tutorial?

This doesn’t solve your problem, and it’s probably what Roblox was aiming for but you can use Guilded instead of Discord. On a completely different subject, Guilded is owned by Roblox. Wonder why they stopped discord???

Just create a webhook on guilded and swap the URLs.

2 Likes

uh yes, i did some research and i’ve found this