Discord webhooks don’t work ingame

Action on their account, absolutely not. That’s not somewhere to even state that.
This issue has happened overtime, not just yesterday, or today. This has been a common issue that discord seeks to be disrupting their services.

There’s a simple solution to this.
Don’t spam requests, or face consequences of everyone-elses downloss.

And to mention this, this is a bug report under the bug report category, this isn’t for cluttering the post, ROBLOX staff has already said not to clutter the post with it, and yet there is development discussion posts about this, post there & not here. Simple.

1 Like

Due to people spamming webhook messages from Roblox to Discord, they decided to block Roblox from sending webhook post requests.
But It’s possible to send a post request to your own server and forward the post request to Discord.

Replace

discord.com

to

discordapp.com

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

As said in previous replies by doing this you are just using a loophole that is unintentional, you shouldn’t be using this to get around the ban and should just accept the fact that Discord webhooks are gone.

5 Likes

Found this issue earlier, if you change the “discord.com” from the webhook you can change it to “discordapp.com” and it’ll work!

FWIW it looks like discordapp has stopped working as was inevitable.

11 Likes

About time, and the people who have used this bypass to bypass the ban, congratulations, you most likely got Roblox banned from Discord for good this time

3 Likes

unfortunately, now its time to create discord bot to bypass this

I used a discord bot with a rest api, and it also stopped working.

It’s not the webhooks getting banned, it’s the API.

2 Likes

So you’re saying it’s coming from the api, and not the webhooks? Could you provide some proof of the api itself being blocked?

Are you serious?

How about you try?

Using the REST API doesn’t return any errors, but it still doesn’t work.

It does not work anymore. Webhooks are fully blocked now.

1 Like

Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me tho.

Discord blocks any web requests with the User-Agent “Roblox/Linux”. For this reason you can’t use any discord.com service from a Roblox server directly as Roblox also does not allow you to set the User-Agent header.

4 Likes

If people like you didnt break the rules, this would not happen!

2 Likes

I have released a proxy which complies with the rate limits. This will allow you to send webhook messages from Roblox games.

4 Likes

This is definitely just a case of Discord forgetting to put the firewall filter onto this domain, this is likely to not work for very much longer.

1 Like

This could potentially be a cloud-flare or similar service fail-safe tripped by a developer that subsides after a while.

I believe they have simply added the Roblox User-Agent to their Cloudflare firewall and forgotten to add the same policy for their https://discordapp.com domain.

3 Likes

If yall seriously believe that discordapp.com still works, you’re dead wrong

1 Like