Discord/Studio Rich Presence Plugin [OPEN-SOURCE]

Hey, a constructive question here. How exactly does this compare with roPresence and why should I use this instead? I have no idea what the difference is between the two and I generally want to know.

When a script isnā€™t open it displays ā€œ$SCRIPT_NAMEā€ ā€¦ txt
Might be cool if you change that to ā€œNo Script Openā€ or something like that!

Edit: roPresence provides an .exe version in their releases but not a .app version, which pushes people from using it if they are using macOS and does not happen to have any sort of programming knowledge, well, just knowledge about using the terminal.

Though, while this one also requires some sort of knowledge about using the terminal, it is at least much easier to understand considering the thread of it just provides a download link to the .exe file, but not the repository itself.

Edit 2: apparently the GitHub repository of roPresence mentioned that it is only supported in Windows, soā€¦

1 Like

After using this for a hot minute, I have a couple of things to say about it.

1, You canā€™t toggle the Roblox plug-in menu after closing it.
2, The settings do not save no matter what.
3, When clicking a rich presence button on Discord it doesnā€™t open the tab. [This might be on my end].

If you fix some of these things I think more peope would install it!

This is pretty much because of Discord. While you (yourself) cannot click the buttons in the rich presence, others can. Seems a bit weird but ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

About the rest, Iā€™ll submit a pull request.

This is rather meant for In-Studio presence, support for in-game presence does not yet exist for this project.

Regarding number 1, thereā€™s a button in plugins to re-open it. 3 is a discord client issue, 2 will be fixed in the next release.

Hello, I am having trouble setting up the server and I keep getting this error code:

I have node.js installed tho I donā€™t know if I installed it right. Could anyone help me out?

If you have already run the command ā€œnpm iā€ to set up the packages, run ā€œnode index.jsā€ which will start the server.
Your issue is that you are combining the ā€œnpm iā€ and ā€œnode index.jsā€ commands together.

2 Likes

If you want it to auto start on boot and run in the background then use pm2

After you installed it, launch command prompt, or terminal (for Macs) on the folder and type this

pm2 start index.js

or

pm2 start index.js --name [NAME]

and then do

pm2 startup
pm2 save

then you can now close the command prompt and it will stay in the background

If you need to see the logs, do pm2 logs or pm2 logs [NAME] Replace [NAME] with your process name

2 Likes

I donā€™t like the fact that we canā€™t paste our userid into the cmd promptā€¦ And is there any way to make it possible?

I found a way around it by editing the index.js code

You should be able to simply right click in the command prompt, if you want to fix it/remove userid entirely feel free to submit a PR, Iā€™m far too busy to maintain this.

1 Like

btw is this bannable from both discord and rblx?

No, this is not bannable, from either.

I sent a FR on discord to maintain this project.

Hello, I recently updated this and now I am getting this error, I put my roblox ID and my discord ID and get the same error

Looks great! I might use this later on.

was it to fix this issue?

IMPORTANT

This plugin is no longer maintained, please do not use it, favor the new StudioPresence by @iArxic instead.

Thank you for using DRPC whilst it was around, I will never touch any of this again. :slight_smile:

1 Like