Discovery search is not functioning correctly

I just made a post about my game below yours, I tried the same thing and noticed that If I just add one bracket to the search of my game, it comes up as the second game… I guess I’ll call that progress compared to either not showing up at all, or showing up 15-20 games down but very frustrating still.

When you first released your game did you include subtitles in your game name like ‘[NEW] Cinema Tycoon!’? My theory is that when the game is first released and added to the search engine, it’s being added with the brackets as part of the title so it doesn’t show up without them.

I don’t think directly on release we had brackets in our name, although shortly after release when we picked up a little when it comes to player count, we changed our name to Cinema Tycoon [1.5X Cash] then we changed to Cinema Tycoon [Workers!] then Cinema Tycoon [Drive-in Theater] and so on.

Interesting how when you look up the game with one of the keywords from our older names from updates, it comes up as one of the first three yet If you just search up Cinema Tycoon, it doesn’t come up at all.

@Focia19 Slither Simulator is banned again today. only 10 players. My sponsored ad is stopped.

Please fix my account ASAP!

Can someone from Roblox please check my experience twice per day and “un-Ban” it! I have to continually ask for help each time this happens which is getting super tiresome!

UPDATE: I edited my Experience Title to remove “.io” and the snake emoji. Now it has unbanned itself (not sure if someone from Roblox silently unbanned it or it was a result of my update)

check if your game is fixed, @Focia19 gave some news

1 Like

It is currently fixed! But also it has been fixed several times in the past 2 months, and always relapsed. Going to be watching it closely, but so far, today everything looks normal!

1 Like

@Focia19 my game Slither Simulator is banned again. Not appearing right now in searches for Slither. Not appearing in Continue or Friend Activity. please help! Need someone to do this automatically when my experience gets banned.

The issue is not fixed. Please do not close this thread, or please open a new one to continue tracking it.

I don’t understand why we are closing the issue when clearly the root cause has not been addressed. It is not the first time I have been told it was fixed, only to find out 1-2 days later that I’m shadow banned again. Whatever we are doing to “fix” it is not good enough.

Try choosing something else than slither, it might fix it.

@Focia19 it’s time for today’s shadow ban. Can we please fix it, permanently? I need help now to un-ban my game again.

@Epic_Mathys I don’t think you fully understand. The game is not findable on Roblox, at all. It’s not that the search term can’t find it, it’s that it is de-listed from Search, Continue, and Friend Activity, a.k.a. “shadow ban”. I play the game every day and it does not currently appear on my Roblox Home page at all. Not only will the game not appear in searches for “Slither”, it will not appear in any search, even one for the exact name of the game.

I’m actually serious. I’m so tired of doing Roblox’s job to monitor my experience, log on this forum and beg for someone to fix my game, at least 3 times a week. Why is this not being monitored by Roblox? Why do I have to ask for this to be fixed, continually?

@Focia19 please read these comments from my Slither game’s group wall. Roblox customers are impacted by this and they are coming to me for help, asking why the game is not available.

I know this issue is a headache for you sir, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience!
The issue is a more complex one “which contains multiple heads”, but our engineers are actively investigating and working on a long term fix!

For now, we will release a quick fix to stop the bleeding! It will be over soon!

5 Likes

Oh i said this cause I think it can be caused by the moderation bot that is not understanding the word “slither” or think that this is a bypass, just a theory, at this point better try.

But @Focia19 said that he will fix it, let’s see what happens.

It looks like another update was pushed on the search discovery and my game (Soccer Street Strikers) once again vanished from the search results on the keyword “soccer” whereas it used to rank among the top 20. Same for the keyword “football”. Previously it would show mostly relevant games but now it appears that the results are less relevant to the search query.

Not the best timing for me especially since World Cup is almost at its peak and I’ve seen a tremendous jump on my player count due to this. But I do have hope since I’ve seen a lot of progress and improvement on the search engine. :pray:

1 Like

Whatever the engineer update made my game lost a massive visitor count since mid-October. I highly recommended reverting the changes to discovery before October. The changes are unacceptable, and cost my game a lot of revenue and player count loss. In fact, it appears to affect all similar games. Pretty sure it is not just in search discovery, but also in other places the game can be discovered from.

2 Likes

@Focia19 and @KnightGaladeld and @xoroshoh Slither Simulator is shadow banned again.

Please do the fix to my game that you have been doing to un-ban it.

Appreciate a swift fix to this ASAP. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: 15+ HOURS MY GAME HAS BEEN BANNED. WHY ISN’T IT FIXED???

UPDATE 2: Still offline. I would like to know why the “temporary fix” that was previously applied, has not yet been applied during this outage.

1 Like

Slither is shadow banned right now. Also, @NorthLodgeDragon I have a Sponsored Ad running right now which is not delivering any views while the game is banned.

I’m submitting an update to the title, to add back the snake emoji. Let’s see if this unbans it like last time @Focia19

Update: I was able to self-un-ban by updating the title to add back the snake emoji that I deleted last time.

Update 2: After I self-un-banned, my player count went from 413 to 725 within a few minutes.

If what vertex described is true, my game has been shadow banned since November starts. Really need a fix or a compensation if it was done without notice.

1 Like

Not going to lie, but I saw many games get hit by these “new” hidden discovery changes. Many games appear to get shadow banned. Since this bug happened, I saw games with 2k concurrent players get dropped to just 100-200 players. My game was also affected, dropping from over 500 concurrent players to just 100. This bug is not only from a discovery search. It appears to in every aspect of discovery is from. This is a critical bug as it heavily affects the game player base and revenue, and it’s been nearly two months. I lose at least 50% of revenue over the past two months.

You need to ask the engineer to check all discovery channels, not just from search… The new analytics shows a sudden significant drop in discovery impression due to these “hidden” changes. Please check: [UPDATE🐴] Digimon Masters - Roblox

i really hope ROBLOX do not engage in unnoticed censorship or any weird internal changes that “Twitter” used to do. Twitter would shadowban certain account or posts preventing them from going viral or having the fair. Not sure how they are now under new ownership.

2 Likes