Don't Delete Topics

Topics are either archived and sometimes unlisted if they’re not well suited for anywhere else, they’re inexcusably miscategorized, or they’re just a bad post. In other cases they’re typically (but not always) just moved to the correct category. Send the Community Sage group a message if something seems very wrong.

4 Likes

What might be happening is, the topic may be getting moved to a category the OP doesn’t have permission to view (i.e. Dev Discussion?)

2 Likes

The only categories not visible to new members in any capacity is:

• #lounge (which a post is probably unlikely to be moved to)
  • or #moderation-review-requests (which is even more unlikely)

Not counting the ‘archive’ categories which are designed to function like post deletion…

Well, @railworks2 is right. It’s also same, new members can post in any category, then it will be kicked to Discussion, so a kind of bypass. I disagree with that, although some ‘workers’ of forum sometimes moves topics to good categories.

1 Like

The Developer Engagement Team will no longer be moving topics into a Regular+ section as they used to do. See:

Hey, you’re essentially saying that moderators delete hard work if they made a slight mistake, but it’s not always that case.

Moderators have been hired – if they work at Roblox – and have been trained, I’m not sure that they delete it because of a slight mistake, they usually delete it due to bypassing filters, posting the post as it is against the Forum Rules and Guidelines or doing it for a friend or payment, if they mistakenly delete the post – which they regularly do – they will revert it back with the Discourse undo delete feature.

ioeruea has left the chat. :dash:

Was half expecting this post to be ironic and deleted.

But on a serious note, Posts don’t actually get deleted. Usually a member of the community would just outline this and a contributor or sage would move it.

Posts only get removed when they are spam or break ToS

Posts in the wrong category get unlisted, archived, and closed. That’s a deletion for the most part. Sure, it’s still possible to find a link, but most likely nobody other than the author will ever see it again.

Yh, I agree as well mistakes like that happen, and it would annoy others for them to redo the topic again but on the other hand it would of been a dumb thing to do, in the first place.

I 90% agree with this topic. I hate when i spend an hour working on a post just to get it deleted. HOWEVER, looking at it from the other prospective, if it’s a bad post, it should be deleted or hidden. Not moved to another category.

1 Like

having your hard work destroyed is a good lesson on following simple rules

I do not want this to sound rude, but if Members post into Forum Feedback (unrestricted category) instead of Platform Feedback (needs PA) on accident, then they cannot “just move” the post to the correct category.

Yeah I wanted to talk about this topic too.
But I was little scared to do this. My post had been moderated by some people due to wrong category and my post was deleted later on.

I think that should rather help by moving them to right category rather than deleting them.

But this depends on the topic.
If it is a bad post then it shall be deleted.

That’s what happened to me too.

This never happens. Any topic that belongs in Feedback but isn’t in Feedback will be moderated. :slight_smile:

There’s no way to skip PA as a member; this simply doesn’t happen. The user who wrote the post will get their post moderated, and if they decide to, they can just submit the same topic in Feedback and let it go through PA.

This is a really good quote:

It will be moved unless it would be moved into a category that needs PA. (Or if it breaks the rules.)

TL;DR: Posts that need PA but aren’t in the right category won’t be moved into the category that needs PA. :no_mouth:

I didn’t intend to skip PA. I posted into a wrong category by accident, so please don’t say that I was skipping PA.

Sorry, I think you’ve misunderstood. :slight_smile: I never said you were skipping PA. Please look at the post I responded to and re-read my reply.

I was responding to your post that stated that moderators would move PA-necessary topics into PA categories without PA. Which is untrue. :smiley:

I did not intend, nor do I believe that my reply was talking about any topic you posted that would of skipped PA.

Not sure how posting in the wrong category is possible.

You can select a category from here:

and you can just click on #platform-feedback then select a subcategory here:

Not sure how you would have ended up typing “forum feedback”.

As for Members (not Regulars) posting in Forum Feedback as opposed to Platform Feedback, their posts should not get moved to the appropriate category. This is basically bypassing Post Approval and if other members see this happening they will think this is the official way to do it or will be malicious and intentionally post in the wrong category just so it can be moved over to the correct place.

1 Like

I’ve made a new post on this topic. I will still read posts here, but I am more focused on this one at the time being.

There are way too many sections and 90% of them are all vaguely similar.

I’ve been on here since the beginning and lately more than half my posts are “in the wrong section”