Dragger QoL Improvements [Beta]

Agreed! It’s an amazing feature IMO (Edit: Misspelled feature :sob:, Edit 2: Misspelled Misspelled :sob: :skull: :pensive: )

I’m really glad these are beta features and I can press the big DISABLE button. This sucks

I love you and thus update :heart::heart::heart:

For some reason im getting this error and the resize tool completely breaks forcing me to restart studio…
I am building from a very far distance too if that helps

Some strange behavior I’ve noticed when interacting with a MeshPart that has CanQuery = false:

1 Like

this is very good but when i try to add stuff to models and i drag in the model studio goes absolutely berserk and crashes. atleast add a way to turn it off

Thanks, I think you solved the disappearing stuff, I forgot to handle CanQuery correctly in one of the new parts of the code.

1 Like

Will i be able to change the hotkeys? while resizing, i am used to using Shift to uniformely scale.

File > Advanced > Customize Shortcuts

Should be able to find something in there.

1 Like

As a dev making a town, and having to manually align parts when the move snap to grid doesn’t work, this is an amazing update.

1 Like

I tried, however i couldn’t find anything related to it. i am assuming because it’s a beta feature still so we can’t set it up yet.

2 Likes

After this is out of BETA, could this become an optional setting? I’m not too much of a fan of it.

1 Like

I’m just going to disable it on the Beta Features settings, but I’m still gonna say that this stuff is actually overwhelming. So much clutter. I’m just trying to move a from one point to another and I don’t need to see all of this.

1 Like

Not really a huge fan of this feature to be honest, could this be an optional setting where we can disable/enable it?

1 Like

its a beta feature so you can just disable it in the beta feature menu if you have already enabled it

but its not enabled on default

2 Likes

2 Likes

Indeed :sweat_smile:

I expect it to take up to 6 months of tweaks before we feel ready to release this out of beta, that’s how long the last dragger update took.

2 Likes

This is a follow up of my original post, it’ll be me speaking on the little quirks that bug me with the beta.

• Shift to Snap Harms Workflow

Right off the bat, something I cannot seem to adjust to is Shift to enable snapping. I find myself often resizing parts, and pressing shift to slow down my camera and move alongside the part I’m resizing. With this, I’m now notorious to have parts be partially off size because of the fact I enabled this snapping behavior by accident.

I’m personally not a fairly big fan of the snapping, I could imagine others would benefit from it, but I just don’t. I work with increments all the time, so snapping isn’t fairly necessary for me. It negates against my work flow, and I’m hoping to in the future have an option to disable or re-hotkey the snapping behavior.

• Excessive Transform Lag

This is an issue that happens fairly often, but it seems to be if I move a large amount of instances in one go, with the transform tool, my Studio window will freeze and nothing will properly move.

That’s all I’ve got for now, thanks!

2 Likes

I can say that this has happened to me too. I’ve accidently resized and moved parts imprecisely due to that.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that when I move a model with some of its descendants selected, I get unexpected results. An example can be seen below:

Normally, when you drag a model one stud upwards and back downwards one stud, you’d expect everything to be in the same location when you started. However, this is not the case. It looks like the selected parts underneath the selected model are doing some kind of snapping.

When I do the same action without the model selected, the expected behavior happens. The same goes for when just the model is selected and none of its descendants. In other words, this snapping behavior only happens when I have both the model and the descendants selected.

This situation comes up a lot for me and it has caused me to accidently move things that I did not expect to move.

4 Likes