Dragger QoL Improvements [Beta]

That’s what Ctrl does! (“Scale from Center”)

I believe that resizes in all directions (on the same plane) though, right?

1 Like

It seems like whenever I Alt + Tab 4 times in studio WITHOUT moving cursor, an error is thrown into console of “attempting to index nil with ‘TargetMatrix’”.
The reproduction step to me is consistent and happens with 100% likelyhood.
NOTE: You have to hover on something that you can select aswell (say another part with Locked being false) for reproduction to work

1 Like

The Scale tool uses has three hotkeys now,

• Shift: Toggle snap
  • Ctrl: Scale from center (“in both directions”, as long as it’s a single part)
  • Alt: Scale uniformly (“in all directions”)
2 Likes

oh my god, finally, i wanted light range to go above 60 for so long, i hope that gets added early

I have been waiting years for this, amazing :fireworks:

1 Like

As a developer I LOVE this change it is so much better when trying to make precise movements, and actually moving things around accurately. GREAT Job Roblox! :heart:

Agreed! It’s an amazing feature IMO (Edit: Misspelled feature :sob:, Edit 2: Misspelled Misspelled :sob: :skull: :pensive: )

I’m really glad these are beta features and I can press the big DISABLE button. This sucks

I love you and thus update :heart::heart::heart:

For some reason im getting this error and the resize tool completely breaks forcing me to restart studio…
I am building from a very far distance too if that helps

Some strange behavior I’ve noticed when interacting with a MeshPart that has CanQuery = false:

1 Like

this is very good but when i try to add stuff to models and i drag in the model studio goes absolutely berserk and crashes. atleast add a way to turn it off

Thanks, I think you solved the disappearing stuff, I forgot to handle CanQuery correctly in one of the new parts of the code.

1 Like

Will i be able to change the hotkeys? while resizing, i am used to using Shift to uniformely scale.

File > Advanced > Customize Shortcuts

Should be able to find something in there.

1 Like

As a dev making a town, and having to manually align parts when the move snap to grid doesn’t work, this is an amazing update.

1 Like

I tried, however i couldn’t find anything related to it. i am assuming because it’s a beta feature still so we can’t set it up yet.

2 Likes

After this is out of BETA, could this become an optional setting? I’m not too much of a fan of it.

1 Like