DVerify - Let people see your Discord!

ac40cb99-e32b-43be-9f48-e99d6ab16c8e_200x200

Welcome!

Welcome to DVerify! DVerify is a simple script that allows you to connect your Discord account to your ROBLOX account ingame. Are you tired of people asking for your Discord tag if they can just hit a little button or key to open up the tabs to see what people’s usertags are! This will make it easier for people and faster. No more waiting for someone to get their tag so you can friend them.

Safety

When it comes to Discord we make sure that we follow both TOS to make sure it’s safe and family-friendly for everyone. We abide by the rules that we will censor inappropriate usernames and will work with other Discord officials to alert them of any inappropriate usernames. We also take safety to another step by only allowing people 13+ to use this service as people <13(underage: check your country as some might be different) cannot use Discord for safety and the same goes with ROBLOX, people <13(underage: check your country as some might be different) cannot be allowed to view, see, or hear about Discord as it breaks both TOS and protection to underage users.

Security

All the data your sending from ROBLOX to Discord and Discord to ROBLOX is not being stored. The only thing that is being stored is your discord tag.
If a user has never used this service they will be prompted with this UI if they join a game with the service installed:

There is an option to say I don’t have Discord even if your 13+. Before this UI opens you will be prompted with another UI saying C7RN but…the trick is actually checking to see if the user has safe chat which is a formal way to see if the user is <13(underage) or 13+ C7RN or CORN is censored for <13. The UI will say:

Is this text tagged? if the player hits yes then it would say:

Sorry but you’re underaged to the following program. Try again next time.

But wait your probably wondering…if the user hits no it would let them into the next UI or Discord Verify…well no, the service sees the hashtag and automatically block the user from hitting yes.

Overall

I think that this system would be perfect for big groups that use Discord like:

Cafes
Hotels
Clubs
etc.

Remember! Nothing at all is safe unless there was an impossible wall to get threw…So your safe and it’s the way the code was made.

-Sam

This will be released once it passes a Beta, security, and safety test.

Latest date for release(10/2/20)

Contact me if you would like more information
SamDevelops#1664

Keep thinking :slight_smile:

UPDATE

unknown10 (2)

9 Likes

Despite all the measures you took to ensure safety roblox might not be too fond of you making it.

2 Likes

Thank for making this, ppl need this lol

True but safety is what Discord and Roblox care about. Reading threw both TOS I came to the conclusion to what safety measures would be enough and will it work.

All text inside GUIs must be filtered through Roblox’ filtering system and it doesn’t seem that this was done here since “discord” would’ve been tagged regardless of agesettings. This model is likely to be moderated.

2 Likes

Then the discord icon will be used instead. All text will go threw filtering before release

I read the Roblox Community Rules and found this:

Offsite website links, services, and additional 3rd party content are not permitted on Roblox with the following exceptions: YouTube, Twitter, Twitch.

The part where it mentions users under 13 in that bullet point is just talking about how users under 13 can’t share links.

Well I know looking it up online it said that people under 13 cannot use Discord or have content from discord in-game.

Like I said above, All text will go threw filtering before release(That includes everything)

I mean if your source wasn’t from Roblox, I’d go with Roblox’s official rules but it’s up to you. Also if it goes through text filtering, Discord would be tagged for everyone.

I’m a bit confused as to the message here. You say that this complies with everything, yet you link a thread where the answer was a solid “No you cannot display a discord even if the user is over 13 and complies with policy service.” So based on the attached thread, is this a violation?

Also, what do you mean you “will work with other Discord officials to alert them of inappropriate usernames”? Discord’s username policy is very lenient and they have a lesser focus on inappropriate usernames, so why would they respond to your reports?

First of all, how reliable do you see this trick being? The Roblox filter can be updated at any time and this could end up breaking this fragile system. Also, what is the point of asking if the text is tagged if you just check it anyway?

TL;DR: Is this really practical/allowed? While I support this type of feature for perhaps a feature request for natively displayed Discord tags, I’m a bit worried that this specific system doesn’t actually stand to the rules.

1 Like

That is why the word discord will be replaced by the logo

I understand your concern and when the Roblox filter updates this also just looks at the text that is tagged. If the filter system crashes or breaks completely nothing work work as it will wait for the text to be replied filtered. This is not a violation as many other popular games have discord in it. Work with Discord officials is actually reporting it to them so your right it would be useless but sometimes it’s not. I had a account get deleted 3 months later. If the discord tag has a bad word in it, it would not allow the user to continue until the word is taken out. This system stands to the rules and I will check threw everything once again to see if I am complying with the rules and TOS

This is not a really valid argument. I’ve checked out more threads and everything relating to Discord seems to be blanket banned (aside from the game links of course) - so I still am curious as to how this complies.

This is a thread I found that basically confirms a lot of my concerns about your system.

Yes I see but things have changed since that post and more games are going to this method. Look at Bloxlink and RoVer. They do the same thing. They mention discord and verify games

and I don’t think checking the users age threw the filter system is invasive. Tell that to the other people who see tags every day from people under 13

No matter what, I’m 99% sure Roblox will take it down as they don’t like Discord in games. If they did keep it up maybe you could make a UI that says what does the text say as anyone could lie and click “No it’s not tagged”.

1 Like

I already implanted a system for that. I’m way ahead than you think

There is no guarantee that this will stay forever. I am working things out to make sure that this does not get taken down

-Sam

I’m sorry to be frank but you are making some very bad takes on this thread.

The rules have not changed since the post I made regarding Discord in games, this is still the active policy. Discord isn’t allowed in games, period. Just because other games are doing it, doesn’t mean you’re allowed to either. That argument falls flat on its face. Stop using the tu quoque fallacy to justify your points please. Others doing something doesn’t mean it’s allowed.

The RoVer game check does not mention Discord at all. It has a prompt of “is this you?” and your Discord identifier (username + discriminator) - while I can’t speak on if this is a direct or indirect reference to Discord (last I checked it is), there is no other mentions of Discord there.

Checking age through the filter is invasive. The filter is only intended for adjusting what text users are allowed to see based on their age and privacy settings, it isn’t for you to check a user’s age. Roblox doesn’t provide this option to developers intentionally and you shouldn’t be skirting your way around either. It’s not reliable either. Filtering out text based on privacy isn’t the same as misusing the filter to check for information you don’t have access to - again, your argument falls flat on its face.

Not really sure why you need to create your own verifying service when one already exists by a known, reputable developer. Additionally, your responses to criticism and feedback on this thread are really fall-throughs for trust which is what something like this requires.

You’ve also misinterpreted your source that supposedly allows your use case: it doesn’t. PolicyService or not, you can’t show Discord content directly or indirectly in games, at all.

7 Likes

I believe it is against TOS to ask for discord usernames. Just the same as you cannot ask for emails and such.