Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

well I expected something like that

23 Likes

I’m not sure if it was in their plans to post this before the beta even started though. I posted a video of the feature on Twitter after I discovered it on sitetest2 this morning.

6 Likes

hm if there is still a long way to go for the clouds to look good hopefully in the future they will be seen as well as in the video

15 Likes

How do you get access to the clouds

1 Like

This will be very useful for making realistic games!

Will this change in-game performance at all, will it be meshes or decals, how well will it work on demanding games, will they have any texture, will we be able to edit anything with them other than cover and density, and will lighting alter the hue of the clouds?

As far as I know, this can only be enabled by CloneTrooper1019’s studio mod manager.

The Dynamic Skies will be a beta feature for studio next week.

See:

2 Likes

Oh yes please! Can’t wait to make some juicy sci-fi showcase with those!

It feels like a miracle happening before my eyes…
I will get into trying it out asap! I cant wait to give back feedback! Ive been dying for clouds for the long time!

slouds
I noticed an outline around the clouds. You could detect where the cloud ends and add a roll off.

3 Likes

Really Exciting, I hope there can Be more use for this in the future, when It does come around!

Could we get a color property too? If we don’t get one sadly I won’t be able to use them since they wouldn’t fit in my game. :frowning:

Also, an altitude option would be nice to make them closer to / further from the ground.

11 Likes

Wow, these graphics are amazing! Couldn’t wait to see what it would be like when it was announced in the roadmap.

A lot of people would like for rain to fall. My suggestion for this idea is to add a property called “Weather” and there could be multiple options, such as “Clear” “Rain” “Thunder” “Snow” “Blizzard” and more.

18 Likes

cc @IAmPinleon
Wow Amazing wonder how would it be realistic if there was the seasons of the year {rain,snow etc.}

well now atleast we don’t have to stay with the default sky that Roblox is giving to us atm which is not realistic unlike this though, wonder if this updates improve our community or not?

Keep up the good updates because we all in the Community Appreciated it, Thanks

1 Like

Would you be able to do something similar to northern lights?

2 Likes

Very pleased with this new feature being added, I was actually planning on finding out how to make realistic clouds, guess I don’t need to anymore. Thanks!

1 Like

I am in love with realistic graphics, this looks really good! Will this make cloud shadows as well, just wondering? I would also love to have weather effects, like rain, snow, thunder, etc!

1 Like

I think you will have to make it yourself.

Will weather ever be added such as rain, thunder, or even animated skyboxes?

2 Likes

Damn that lighting looks amazing It would be nice if you could showcase how you pulled that lighting set up of when this update comes out :slight_smile:

No way is that actually, Ben Shapiro is this real lol I really doubt it

3 Likes