Dynamic terrain loading with StreamingEnabled

When StreamingEnabled is on, terrain doesn’t increase the detail until player steps on the non-streamed terrain chunk.

This is related with the issue here:

However in this issue they mentioned it’s only with device emulator but this happens with and without device emulator on and also happens with live games, both on PC and mobile right now.

I started encountering this issue while I was preparing the next update for my game and here’s what happens:

Turning off StreamingEnabled fixes this issue. I use StreamingEnabled in this game with preloading, I didn’t preload here, I just teleported myself but in cases where it preloads issue happens outside of streaming radius target. So the streamed area looks fine but non-streamed area doesn’t until you step on the terrain or get too close to it.

The topic I linked had some staff responses, StreamingMinRadius was at 64 before this issue was way more clear to see, it’s at 128 right now and video was recorded with this setting, setting it to 192 reduces this effect but it still happens.

So I think there should at least be an option to dynamically load the close terrain while player is moving towards to the non-loaded terrain chunks.

1 Like