Eclipse (Server-Side AntiExploit) *ARCHIVED | Announcement*

Adonis is seen as outdated and very robust.

I am planning on adding whitelist of some type for HD-Admin
and popular admin plugins.

The problem relies in detecting if its a admin or exploiter.

You should add a way to allow admin developers to create “whitelist plugins”. Many games use custom admin systems, and some are seen as obscure.

1 Like

it’s impossible to know what is doing an action so you couldn’t whitelist some things over others
you would have to modify the source code of the admin commands to create some artificial log of what there doing so it won’t think there exploiting

2 Likes

Fully agreed, first im going to need to find out how to distinguish between Plugin and Expoliter.

This is very true, but I already have some decent ideas to whitelist some plugins.

And if it matters so much theres always a whitelisted users list.

Archived!

Hello, Lead-Developer for Eclipse BugleBoy here!
Wanted to let everyone know that Eclipse will no longer be receiving updates!

This Is because of the amount of negative feedback drawn from this post.
As it stands multiple people have made 'Bypasses' this Is a strong word to use as all of theses allegations are completely false, also not taking down this 'Bypass' after been proven wrong hurts are image!

1. FakeBypass

As stands this anticheat is still decent as its job.

Where does it go from here?
Well, good news!
I’m working solo on a new Server Sided anticheat called Ricochet!!
So check my profile here and there!

(* Note
Yes I’m aware of Byfron but I’m very confident that Byfon won’t hold up to the standers developer’s need!
*)

Thank you!
Thanks for all the support! :heart:
This was my first project I have gotten to share with the community.
I will hold this with me for the rest of my developing career here on Roblox.
If you have any questions you can find me on Discord: BugleBoy#1234
( not sure if that’s allowed, time will tell )

2 Likes

Hi, I forked FJ’s anticheat a long time ago and modernized it into a working product.

If you’re going to continue to use his code, feel free to shoot me a message if you need any help understanding it or if you need the logic behind it. Not saying you’re an amateur programmer, but some of his code was a bit underexplained.

Goodluck on your next anticheat!

I’m sure I don’t need any help.
Thanks tho!

1 Like

Will the file version archive become publicly available for download? Also, good luck on the new version!

1 Like

What exactly do you mean with the file archive?
If you mean the source for eclipse you can get the model, linked.

Hey I know that it’s discontinued but when you made it were you aware of the jumping false-detection? If you jump and spin fast it detects you for flying. Just something to consider for your next anticheat. Everything else though is great!

I was very aware of this, and to my knowledge “jumping” never set off false detection for me, this might be related to ping or the server not seeing what the client see’s.

I.E you jump and freeze due to WIFI or ping related problems and the server thinks your flying.

This is a major problem that flags on a-lot of anticheats.

There is built-in ping tolerance but im playing on having a module to handle ping in my next anticheat.

1 Like

Although unpreferred for some games I want to mention that this is a feature that prevents “tab glitching” and should be an option in the next version if possible. Many users in games get banned for this anyways so an exploit detection system would be good to prevent it in the first place.

2 Likes

Agreed, but as mentioned this would be extremely hard to do, as knowing when a player is tabbed out is hard to do without some type of client to server communication, which in my newer model of anticheat I’m not planning on doing.

UserInputService | Roblox Creator Documentation
Thus could work, but once again client handler would be needed, and this would be a bad idea.

I.E: If tabbed out value is true, then dont punish.
But a exploiter might find a way to set this value true no-matter what.

Hello Eclipse Users!
As you know I’m making a new anti-cheat better and more complicated than Eclipse,
If you would like to be a part of naming said anti-cheat visit (Help naming my new anticheat).

I found a way to detect core gui but im not sure if roblox will count it as a exploit and remove it

Use .Destroying to detect that but idk what will happen if it will fire the event if the player is loading his character after resetting

Bro got his feeling hurt and reported it :skull:

I didnt report tho? I just told you about that it might break the rules