This topic is meant to address how to properly respond to certain poor-quality posts. I have considered constructive feedback from the replies, and revised this thread accordingly.
For now, I feel like this thread can be resourced positively, and has relevance as-of-now.
I’ve seen a certain type of post “technique” on the Developer Forum that lacks contribution, and adds minimal content into the discussion.
This is unnecessary dialogue - allow me to demonstrate:
Post 1 by
I personally feel like your UI’s color scheme is odd, and does not compliment one another. I recommend using more saturated accent colors rather than pastel, so it is more complimentary.
Good job, nonetheless!
Post 2 by
Great work! Please follow what
- Post 1 is contributive, helpful and meaningful.
- Post 2 does not add any creative/resourceful insight to the discussion.
Please do not be the Post 2 person. If Post 1 said exactly what you wanted to say, don’t bother to type Post 2 up.
What if I wanted to add new and resourceful insight?
- Let’s say you agree with the content of Post 1, but the owner beat you to it. If you want to add your own insight, do not add what you had in mind alternatively.
Post 3 by
Hi! You can also try using pastel colors in your UI! Good luck!
anonymous_robloxplayer2is actually thinking:
In my head, I agree with Post 1 more, but I wanted to add my own insight. This is not convenient, as he is contradicting his original thought.
Don’t contribute at all?
- If everyone said what you wanted to say, you are not obliged to reply.
- Even miniature advice like “add a logo to the UI” can help, if no one stated this out.
- Just make sure what you are saying can help the original poster benefit, and can provide some resourceful insight.
If you come across a post like this, please flag the post. More context is provided in the solution.