EventCode BETA | Code without coding!

This is definitely Construct 2 in studio

1 Like

List of suggestions!

1. Audio support!
    basicly if you clicked a button or did any other action that is avalibile right now it will play the audio you set!
  2. A smooth color changing part!
    When you click a button or do the option you chose it starts making a part change its color to whatever you set it to change to! max 10 colors?
  3. Teleport part!
    A part that teleports the character! Must i say more?
  4. Add a part!
    Have whatever you set as you activation then when it activates it spawns a part in a location!
    Anchored or unanchored.
  5. Anchor or unanchor parts!
    Do i really need to explain this?
    And thats all i have right now!
    Happy developing!

You can do that with the current “Clone” action!

These ideas are easy and good! I will add them!

1 Like

List of upcoming features

Custom audio
Smooth color change
Teleport
Anchor/Unanchor
Kill Humanoids
Lightning things(TimeOfDay etc.)
Model support
(maybe) “Messages” (two code can communicate with eachother)

1 Like

I cant wait for all these features! This is probably gonna be one of my most used plugins like i said before its almost like using blender nodes! ive already made some test explosions with the new resize feature!
10/10 Cant wait for more content!
Happy Developing!

1 Like

Update

Added some features!
You can create lava parts with the “Kill Player” action! Tutorial added to the plugin!
Started adding Model support. It’s very limited but now you can move and destroy models! (make sure they have primary part!). The plugin is in BETA so please except bugs!

1 Like

ATTENTION!

Everybody needs to update EventCode!
The last version was VERY glitchy and didn’t work as intended!
Please update EventCode!

1 Like

More suggestions!

1. a Timed event!
    Put the timed event to be anything then when it activates it can reisze move and more!

2. Messages!
    Do one of the actions added and it will display a message on screen somewhere!

3. Camera!
    Do one of the actions and it will move your camera to the part you set it to be moved to!

4. Camera shake?
    This one may be hard to make but it would be very useful! Also do i really need to explain?

5. Proximity promt!
    This is like a must have most developers now probably use it! Basicly it will be a action you could use for things such as resize move and all the others!

Ill come up with more ideas later thanks and…

Happy developing!

1 Like

This feature exists! Just look at the tutorials and you’ll find it!

Cool idea I will do that!

Not possible to implement it in a user-friendly way

Not possible to implement it in a user-friendly way
And I have no idea how to create shake effect

Good idea I will add it!

1 Like

A clone of Scratch for Roblox already exists in the form of Code Kingdoms (which I think is now owned by Roblox, but I could be wrong) It’s pretty easy to use but honestly just learn normal Luau at this point due to the custom functions which don’t exist in normal Luau

Plus, it’s paid. And expensive.

2 Likes

Add a way to rotate parts!
Click a button or do one of the actions and then the part rotates how you want it!
The way you would tell it how much to rotate just grab the amount of x y z axis you want!

I won’t personally use this but this will be super helpful for beginning scripters. It’s really important to know the kind of things that you can do with Luau in Roblox. I probably would have used this when I was starting out if it had existed back then.

You might want to hold back on adding a bunch of features in order to encourage people to type scripts themselves. This might be cool with a little GUI that tells you what the code looks like in text form, so you can learn how to write it yourself.

I’m a huge fan of your work, @Xsticcy, keep it up!

2 Likes

Yep, I had that idea too. But the plugin generates kinda unreadable code. But if somebody really wants to see how the code looks like, then he/she can just open it from the explorer.

Thank you!

1 Like

List of suggestions!

1. Smooth rotate!
    Set a x,y,z value for it to rotate to click a button or do any of the actions and it rotates!

2. Tool support?
    It would be more advanced but for a start it would be a sword!

3. Rick roll button!

This is needed because yes also this is a joke suggestion lol.

Thats all i can think of for now happy developing!

1 Like

I have a few suggestions but I haven’t used the plugin so it might already have it

Effects

Allow the parts to have effects such as explosions or sparkles

A.I

Chase the player, do emotes, patrol…

Gui

Gui appear then disappear after a few seconds, animate text and support for Gui

Good luck :shamrock:

2 Likes

I can comfirm it has none of these yet!
Effects are a good idea though maybe Beams?
A.I is good although hes trying to make it user friendly.
Gui is a good idea!

Beams sound good but A.I would probably be hard to put it in a user-friendly way.

1 Like

Could be a quick way to make an obby, I like it!
Unfortunately this wouldn’t replace the actual scripting, so the creator would still need to learn it.

1 Like

Found a glitch! When i try to use the kill part feature with touched by humanoid.
It come up with this error. Glitch
Keep in mind that i am using this feature with the resize feature but this comes up before i push the button to make it resize.
Thanks and happy developing!

Off Topic

Im going to bed for the night so i wont respond to any replies goodnight!

Hello EventCode users!

I have some bad news, but they are actually good news.

As it turns out, almost the whole engine of EventCode is built up the wrong way.
So, the plan is that I’m going to remake EventCode and then update the current plugin to the new version!

With the new EventCode you’re going to be able to edit your codes, (maybe)assign multiple actions for an event in one code, create tags and assign parts/models to them! Also I’m going to implement every current and upcoming feature to the new EventCode.

So, don’t except updates/bugfixes for EventCode for a time, I will introduce the new version here, in the replies!

Goodbye!

2 Likes