Expanding the Skin Tone Color Picker

Can the advanced editor be updated such that we can input an RGB/Hex color of our choosing on the front end side of things.

8 Likes

Yes, I’m aware - You can also do it using a glitch from Catalog Avatar Creator, but this requires you to possess excessive technical knowledge compared to simply 3 numbers in the RGB sliders, so a proposal to make an RGB slider would make it more accessible to more people.

7 Likes

Not sure what technical knowledge you mean. But Catalog Avatar Creator has a color picker, but it’s a third-party thing so idk.

Extension Developers are probably going to cover this. And I don’t mind. Having RGB as a secret option, wouldn’t be bad.

Eitherways, if they do implement that RGB.

This is what happens to the color pickers after you used RGB. Random ones just change into a different color.

8 Likes

Wait, we can adjust HAIR colour?!

eyes when

7 Likes

It’s understandable that similar colors are still marked as “naked” because people could abuse this for malicious purposes otherwise.

But I do believe there should be a whitelist so that color combinations like yours don’t get censored.

4 Likes

It’s only a visual issue of the Avatar Editor.

In-game it’s not censored. If I reduce the shade of the color, then it does get censored in-game, which is intended and fine.

6 Likes

Any particular reason why we don’t just have an RGB picker under the “Advanced” section?

6 Likes

It’s perfect but why isn’t it on the website? Why only on ROBLOX pc app?

11 Likes

It actually uses a comparison system to check if two body parts are similar colour wise, this is how classic roblox avatars dont get default clothing rendered on them.

5 Likes

image (50)

9 Likes

Great feature! Are there any plans to bring this to the Roblox website?

I’m definitely happy to see more variety in Roblox player colors, as even the Advanced color picker has very few realistic human skin colors, while the default options present even fewer. But for now, us website users are still stuck with the limited color palette.

I’m also a big fan of the idea many others in this thread have suggested to make the new “Advanced” option be a full RGB color picker. Would be awesome if we could just type in any hex color.

5 Likes

This mentions Avatar Editor games, but the formulas… Where are the formulas…

At least I found the formula for the Default Clothing thing. Now, I need to write a guide for it :thinking:

This formula though is way more interesting than the one from DepthScale though.

3 Likes

I was literally yesterday making an outfit and was like:
“Roblox should just add a way to set your skin color to whatever RGB value you like or something”
and then I open the devforum to see this.

6 Likes

This is a great update!

This will definitely allow for more creativity for avatars!

3 Likes

I won’t lie, we needed this.

BrickColor and its existence, which is only still around for backwards compatibility, have been one of the biggest banes of limitation on Roblox. I would place it on the same shelf as getfenv.

Usually in updates people pick apart what wasn’t done right, and I do agree that we need web support with RGB sliders or something like that, but this is going in the right direction for now. Thanks team.

3 Likes

So good to finally see more shade ranges.

3 Likes

Amazing to see these new updates that strive for diversity, equality, and creativity! These new updates to Roblox are amazing and allow a whole entire new realm of creative avatars! Thanks Roblox Team! :clap:

4 Likes

I like this update, we can finally have more options about how we want our avatar skin tone to look. I hope this will be more beneficial for customization and getting the dream avatar we are looking for.

2 Likes

first useful roblox platform update in 3 decades. like where this is going!

3 Likes

awesome feature, thanks for adding!

3 Likes