Expanding the Skin Tone Color Picker

If you’re still stuck’n the old colour picker, consult the documentation for https://avatar.roblox.com/v2/avatar/set-body-colors.
https://avatar.roblox.com/docs/index.html

Example request body:

{
  "headColor3": "0078D7",
  "torsoColor3": "0078D7",
  "rightArmColor3": "0078D7",
  "leftArmColor3": "0078D7",
  "rightLegColor3": "0078D7",
  "leftLegColor3": "0078D7"
}
3 Likes

You beat me there.

4 Likes

you could always do this before this update

4 Likes

You couldn’t as the API to actually change the skin tone like that didn’t exist

4 Likes

You could change your skin tone to any hex code using the in-game slider then use the button in the bottom left to save it to your roblox avatar, me and friends did it to troll people with unobtainable avatars

edit: you actually still can, and you can see the devs didn’t update it after this was made

this update should make it better since you’ll be able to save it as an outfit now

4 Likes

Will this feature every be able to appear on the website?

5 Likes

I hope they wont force us to have to use the roblox app for certain features like these again.

6 Likes

Ok, but when will we get parity to the browser editor, or will this feature be app only?

6 Likes

this is actually awesome you guys have been releasing pretty good updates recently

5 Likes

Please release it on the website, none of us like the lua app.

4 Likes

You should file bug reports or feature requests for those, for me the performance and stability has drastically increased since the initial launch of it. Anyways, you just have to open it to change the skin tone then close it and continue editing in the website

4 Likes

finally! i can make myself black but not too black and not too white, thanks roblox!

3 Likes

This feels like this has existed for forever already. Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

Finally I can be cripplingly white like my genuine skin-color.

10 Likes

This has existed for like a month already and I’ve noticed that it hasn’t added any new colours… It’s still the same brick colour ids but built into a slider instead of a lot of colour circles.
Before: (with all those colour circle gradients)

After: (Colour circle gradients got put into each colour slider gradient)
So there’s less colour circles since it got put into each slider gradient, and so basically there’s no new colours as I even checked the APIs, like Roblox has a set amount of Brick colours and that’s what avatars use.
Basically each slider increment is a brick colour, so you won’t be able to use any specific colour codes and only the 75 brick colours Roblox avatars have got.
Like here I want that specific colour code and roblox translates it to the closest brick colour id

3 Likes

actually nvm, the APIs return the closest brick colour as 1013 but in-game it’s correct.

ok its because the website of Roblox avatar editor still uses V1 API, so forget what I said sorry

5 Likes

Keyword, Avatar Editor in experiences.

Here is the Formula to calculate the enforcment for Default Clothing.

I worked on writing that Guide yesterday, then realized an issue in my Example Code. And today I fixed it. Basically, I was using wrong math, and the results didn’t match the calculator. But now, it’s accurate.

2 Likes

Great, but why not a simple color wheel to summarize all this. lol

3 Likes

especially since that used to be a feature, still glad they’re doing something about it tho!

1 Like

Great Update! Although I do wish for this to be added on the website’s avatar editor.

2 Likes