Expanding the Skin Tone Color Picker

This is a good update! But you should add it to the website too, a lot of people might not want to use the desktop app.

2 Likes

Some good updates are happening (finally)

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider the sliders in Catalog Avatar Creator something that requires “excessive technical knowledge.” It’s also not a glitch, they just silently enabled the feature not so long ago, so avatar editor games could take advantage of it before it was fully rolled out and announced. That being said, I agree that being able to use a full color wheel, or even just text boxes for RGB/Hex input would be a fantastic addition to the editor so we wouldn’t have to use the API website or an avatar editor game to get the exact colors we want.

1 Like

That is too much of an inconvinence.

1 Like

Instead of using this feature to create more accurate realistic skintones, I will be using it to color match to ugly Roblox hats. Thanks.

4 Likes

Awesome. This feature is amazing ngl.

1 Like

I don’t see why roblox doesn’t let us do this right now. It would avoid having to have sliders for every skin color too.

still, W update and a step towards the right direction!

2 Likes

Ah - My English is poor
Technical knowledge in my post is intended to refer to the API stuff - Not Catalog Avatar creator, my bad

3 Likes

uh… so you took away an option, just to release it as a “new feature”? is this really necessary. theres so many more things you guys could add, without taking away anything beforehand

2 Likes

Finally I can be rgb(4, 20, 69)

3 Likes

That has most likely to do with people abusing the color picker for nude in lego games.

1 Like

Because Roblox is trying to push the app

1 Like

PLEASE add this on the website. God I hate the LuaApp.

3 Likes

i imagine the sliders keep whatever shade you choose within the brick color of the previous system

essentially, you’re choosing a brick color and then choosing a shade within that brick color without changing the brick color value itself

2 Likes

Awesome update! But it would be better if we could choose a specific color like in those photoshop applications and to have the option to input a hex code for a color.

Other than that, pretty great update! :grinning:

1 Like

you definitely should add rgb & hex color codes for it as well

edit: they did
:​D

1 Like

the website is so crappy i bet adding that will break the entire site :joy:

1 Like

I think its to make the color selector easier, yes, they could have a rgb selector + what they already have, but it might come across as overly complicated to a roblox player.

1 Like

same roblox players that make a build with an i9-14900KS and an overclocked 4090 to play bad business

3 Likes

I was referring more to mobile players, specifically new players who are trying the game out on a phone device. Adding an RGB or HEX color option would be overly complicated.

But also I know some games that use the roblox skin tones in their scripts for specific things (one thing I saw was a script that altered roblox skin tones that was unrealistic [like pink] to an actual skin tone color)

3 Likes