Expanding Verified Badge to more Experience Creators

Hey Developers,

We are excited to announce an expansion of the Verified Badge program which will open eligibility to 50% more experience creators in the Roblox community than are currently eligible.

Today, we’re expanding the criteria for experience creators to include notable and influential developers who have meaningfully contributed to a top group or experience.

We’ve been listening to your feedback and have been hard at work to make the Verified Badge more inclusive of the different types of notable creators that should be recognized for their contributions in the community. The criteria expansion now includes notable creators such as: an owner and top contributor of a Verified group who is well-known in the community, or a co-developer of a popular experience who is a key contributor, but does not own the experience.

With the new criteria, we will look for authentic creators who meet the following:

1. Owners of top experiences by hours of engagement
  2. Key contributors to top experiences by hours of engagement with high platform following

As we mentioned in the initial launch, the Verified Badge makes it easy to identify notable and authentic creators on Roblox. Creators who meet the criteria also need to show they’re authentic by being ID-Verified and by enabling 2SV by Authenticator App. They will also need to be active on platform by having logged into their account in the last 6 months.

Highlighting notable community members helps people know they are interacting with genuine accounts and adds an important layer of confidence and clarity for everyone on Roblox. As always, the badge is predominantly a visual indicator meant to help address impersonation and does not influence content recommendations for new or unverified creators.

Your feedback is crucial to our process! The criteria changes above have expanded the pool of notable developers, leading to more creators getting Verified! Let us know in the comments what you think and if there’s anything you want to see in the future. For more information, please refer to our Verified Badge FAQs.

Thank you.

FAQ

189 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Any plans to allow us to change our display names anytime soon? Just got the badge, but I don’t think I can change my display name back to TypeDummy without losing the badge.

25 Likes

Key contributors to top experiences by hours of engagement with high platform following

How are contributors identified? Speaking from experience, many top studios (for security reasons) don’t give developers direct edit access to the production game, which often excludes them from this type of criteria.

Are there any plans to support studios in this position? Just because somebody doesn’t have edit access to production doesn’t mean they should be excluded from programs like these.

36 Likes

Is there a estimated time when these will be given out? I own two verified groups yet I don’t have a verified tick.

43 Likes

This is very cool!
I really appreciate this, hopefully people will not be targeted for having it anymore…

I also have a question, I heard there’s a bug that do you change your name it’ll remove the badge, not sure if it’s fixed
And also, can we have an option to hide the badge? (Maybe also for all badges) As I heard people were targeted for having the verified badge

5 Likes
  • Key contributors to top experiences by hours of engagement with high platform following

A lot of “high platform following” games do not allow developers direct access to the game or do not allow the developer to live edit the game itself.
Does this mean that any experience inside the group that is related to the big experience will count towards that or not?

9 Likes

My group got verified! Im extremely happy!

11 Likes

One of my groups that I own is verified, does this mean that I will automatically receive the badge, or is this exclusively awarded based on experience playtime?

4 Likes

Adding onto that, contributors like Translators, GFX Artists, Composers, etc. don’t even log onto studio to work to begin with. Are they just going to be entirely tossed to the wayside just because of that?

6 Likes

Excited to see this expansion to the verified program!! So many creators deserve to have verification for their contributions.

1 Like

Are hours of engagement lifetime / 2018+, or are they counted for recent months? It feels a bit weird that neither me or my group has gotten the Verified badge yet, even though it feels like I should have enough lifetime hours of engagement & members (I think about ~8M hours of engagement since 2018?). Hopefully the criteria for how these hours of engagement are calculated could be a bit more transparent.

I’ll see if I’m in this expanded wave, but unfortunately not sure if I will be included or not.

11 Likes

I’m a creator who’s met the requirements since September. My UGC group nor my profile are verified however. Are there any steps I can take to get verified given these circumstances?

5 Likes

I’m really happy to see that Roblox is allowing more people to receive the verification badge, but I’d still appreciate a little more transparency when it comes to the criteria of who gets chosen. The info we are given currently is just way too ambiguous and just generally unclear, which makes it hard to determine what we actually need to work towards.

But with that said, I still really like the verification feature B-)

6 Likes

Shouldn’t this also expand to UGC/Avatar/Clothing groups?
As many creators have verified groups but don’t meet the threshold for sales on their profile

12 Likes

My group has been verified since the original launch, however, my personal account has still not received verification, nor have any of our other developers. Will owners of verified groups eventually receive verification badges?

18 Likes

I know the FAQ says this metric won’t be revealed, but will the verified badge continue to be rolled out to experiences of (relative) lower metrics? More succinctly, will an expansion like this happen again?

7 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

24 Likes

This makes sense, yes.

There goes my chance at getting the badge!

You’re sure it’s 50%? I get that it shouldn’t be given to everybody, but there’s so many people trying to impersonate developers who aren’t necessarily a top dev, but are a skilled developer nonetheless. For example, people that do commissions and frequent the talent hub might not have a popular game, but are very helpful to people and do business. It would be nice for those people to have a badge to show they’re trustworthy, and that they are not an imposter.

I don’t know how the criteria would be expanded even further to include this, because there could be side effects. It should be considered, though.

6 Likes

Here me out on this but wouldn’t it make some sense to release the criteria to allow developers, designers, and notable people to set goals for themselves and work towards it eventually. I know its a long shot and something Roblox doesn’t do normally but seems like it could have a good use.

4 Likes