Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

This really devolved into a Discord text channel.

10 Likes

I’ve sneezed better ideas than this.

4 Likes

opera_fFWonSQ5Ff
roblox after thinking of this genius udpdate i love u roblxo

7 Likes

they actually switched april fools to september 20th, trust me guys

5 Likes

hi arsenal developer, welcome to #oh-my-god

2 Likes

Normally when it comes to these bogus updates, I’d write an essay on why it sucks and why whoever thought of it should be slapped and fired. But now these updates stopped evoking cringe and bewilderment. Instead, I feel pity to those who develop on this platform.

Less than one week apart with an update which threatens the livelihoods of individuals, we are greeted with a poorly thought out policy with a lot of open holes and opens up the risks of countless games (and accounts) being deleted. I would explain why it’s abysmal but the reasoning has been explained countless times already, so I’d contribute to nothing in that field.

What I will say is that this proves my point that the wider Roblox development community are a bunch of tools. A lot of Roblox developers are very talented or have so much potential (and if you’re reading this, this includes you too!).

Despite being the literal lifeblood of the Roblox platform, it’s quite funny that the corporation has repeatedly kicked the development community to the ground countless times and repeatedly gave false promises of changing how such updates are rolled out. The fact that trust has not been completely broken baffles me.

This literally shows how little the upper management gives a shit about you unless you are their top earner (not including the engineers).

Ultimately, being a Roblox developer is the equivalent to being the victim in a parasitic relationship.

8 Likes

I actively CANNOT wait to get banned off devforum for boycotting this HORRIBLE update.

3 Likes

when does the maximumadhd reply drop?

2 Likes

the roblox OSS discord is so much better for actual help its crazy

2 Likes

So I guess this also applies to not only catalog-like games or guis but also scripts with commands like /hat or /gear?

1 Like

Such a robot, out of touch response. Roblox dont care about us.

4 Likes

sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.,.,.,.

1 Like

without the offensive memes and cat pictures

1 Like

better than nothing, to be honest

1 Like

whos writing essays i see your pfp at the bottom

1 Like

whatsapp loudly crying emoji face image

1 Like

hi mr arsenal please giv free skin for boycotting roblox!!

1 Like

just as the way god intended
anarchy is the natural order

2 Likes

ive seen some pretty terrible stuff here already

1 Like

Bad update, I want my money back. Please understand what developers want first, especially since you could have talked with devs at RDC.

2 Likes