As a Roblox UGC Creator since 2021, it’ll be impossible to keep afloat with all of the sudden changes they planning regarding UGC
This isn’t going to be about UGC going public since that was planned for years at this point and that is inevitable. However looking into the RDC discussion about their vision what they want to do for the UGC program, it’s extremely disheartening and will pretty much take away livable wage from any notable UGC creator and prevent new ones from being able to prosper.
Here’s a picture of part of the RDC discussion regarding UGC and i will explain more about the “healthy marketplace” and how parts of it is not healthy, because most people reading this doesn’t do UGC most likely and will need further explanation on how its a problem.
Basically this means that any item that is not limited on the catalog right now, will have limited amounts of stock and will have to be replenished by buying the quantity every time something sells out. Bear in mind many UGC creators have over 500 items published on the catalog at this very moment. this means they will have to monitor and manually restock those 500 items and counting which is going to be practically impossible to do.
- This means creators will be forced to raise their prices of their items in order to make a profit, as it costs money to add stock to items (10 robux for face acc, 20 robux for hats, 30 robux for back acc PER stock quantity)
- not buying the quantity will punish creators due to the fact reselling items gives the UGC creator only 10% instead of the 30% revenue they get.
- on average my own UGC items only generate 7-8 robux per sale, so i would be forced to double the prices of my own items in order to see the same numbers on the revenue page if the amount of purchases are consistent.
- we SHOULDN’T be punished for having items that sell well by being forced to buy quantity all the time
There’s a difference between publishing an item and putting the item on sale, this means if your thumbnail glitches or there is some sort of error you didn’t notice about the item, that is one wasted slot for the month even when it’s not put on sale
- there should be more configurations set for items already published such as updating thumbnails of items
- UGC creators before going public shouldn’t have monthly limits, they’ve tested all the features that has came out and there should be some better compromise for us that makes up for all of the nerfing done in this update.
I feel like reconsidering the choices for UGC would help us creators not get ultimately screwed over in way more words than i can describe. if you need to please actually communicate with us so theres a proper middle ground and go through with it
Other UGC Creators or others are welcome to pitch in more suggestions that i have missed or input just in general due to this being a really serious topic
This isn’t only me that has a problem with this, there’s many others that have voiced their opinions/suggestions regarding this update that i will put below here: