Exploit Prevention Update

Biggest plot-twist in the history of ROBLOX, but I believe this just goes to show that they still care about their platform.

Great step in the right direction!

as the old saying goes: if you can’t beat em, join em

3 Likes

And you think this would have had a better response?

1 Like

I disagree with you, how does this set a precedent that people shouldn’t secure their games? Any half-decent programmer knows the basics on how to secure their scripts to prevent abuse.

If Roblox had stated “don’t worry about exploiting anymore guys!” then yes, you’d have a point, but they simply didn’t. Their goal is to majorly crush exploiting, they specific wording is “to take another step towards this goal”. They never said it was completely fulfilled, and exploiting was stopped.

The only circumstance in which people would believe that ‘exploiting is gone’ is if they failed to properly read the post and failed to use common sense.

2 Likes

Truly one of the biggest anime plot twists of all time.
And a welcome one, at that.

Roblox didn’t just come in and say “Hey, you don’t have to secure your games anymore!”, nor did they even do anything to imply that. All they said is that they now have ex-exploit creators working with them. This is no different to them announcing the Byfron anti-cheat, plus everyone would’ve found out anyway with Synapse just randomly dying.

And sure, some people (one of them seems to be the person you’re replying to lol) will think they don’t need to try and secure their games anymore, especially now that a bunch of well-known exploits are being abandoned. But when their games fall to exploiters in the future, they’ll only have themselves to blame. There’s no reason to argue with those who don’t ever want to learn like that.

You really should not hold Roblox responsible for other peoples stupidity like this. And I’m one of those people who could criticize this company for weeks straight (ESPECIALLY RECENTLY), yet even I know that this isn’t their fault, not at all. Announcing this was pretty good IMO, it made some other well-known exploits close their doors as well.

3 Likes

they actually recognized Synapse, nice!

Finally, it’s over. After years of working on an in-game anti-cheat project, my journey has come to an end. And uhh… I’m feeling a bit shocked and somewhat going madness by this announcement too eyesshaking

However, now that they’ve been bought by ROBLOX, I’m not sure if it’s worth it or not.
I’m still aware that they might have something going on behind the scenes because the message itself seems a bit peculiar to me. squint

I hope nothing bad is happening to the platform…

16 Likes

Awesome news!
This things will be changing the roblox!

crazy, despite the fact that 3dsboy is gonna get sued for breach of contract (giving out user data), this is a good thing for roblox’s anticheat, definitely would help with new developers who dont know how to make secure scripts or anticheats

1 Like

The owner of synapse also made an Linux port for roblox with basically no issues, which an entire team couldn’t do that, so don’t know what you rambling about

1 Like

This is the part where Roblox became Heisenberg.

2 Likes

This is just an excuse for Synapse to be able to shutdown without having to refund anybody, the Synapse developers are all kids that are skids who used free code to make synapse. It’s really easy to make an injector (or at least back then).

1 Like

Ultimate plot twist.

This is prolly the good ending for Synapse, I imagine Roblox would’ve probably resulted to legal action of some kind.

Hey, you seem a little bit angry that your synapse has been taken away. I feel a little bit bad, do you want a cookie?

1 Like

Have you ever programmed something? I doubt developers of Synapse are little kids, sure kids use it but that doesn’t mean the devs are too.
Also, to make an injector, you have to know how to reverse engineer, it’s not Luau scripts at that point

4 Likes

Crazy plot twist ngl hopefully it’ll turn out great

1 Like

roblox really did a “if we cant beat them join them” :skull:

2 Likes

its almost sad to see it finally die, but i’d probably shed more tears if the exploiting community wasn’t so irrepairably toxic beyond belief nowadays.
it definently peaked when it was about letting yourself become a godlike deity and turning children in adopt and raise games into a fine mist with orbital cannons

what is quite unfortunate (for me, at least) though is being unable to inspect people’s maps under different lighting/angles/view in private with some of the fullbright & freecam scripts out there. helped a lot whenever i needed inspiration or just to admire other people’s work. i feel like roblox should implement that as a feature for private servers since it’s pretty much impossible now

1 Like

roblox really fought fire with fire