Exploit Prevention Update

You’re acting as if Hyperion is the sole reason behind the shutdown of all those exploits, but that’s not the case. Many exploits have shut down due to either incompetence in reverse engineering, a lack of knowledge about how to access encrypted memory, which is what Hyperion does, or they stole code and based their exploit upon someone else’s 32-bit source code and now they don’t know how to compensate. It’s possible that exploit developers could bypass Hyperion, as seen with Celestial. There have only been one or two banwaves recently, which is not a new development. Roblox has been carrying out banwaves for poorly-coded exploits for a long time. This “anti-cheat” (more of an anti-tamper) isn’t as good as you think it is. Like all anti-exploit measures, it can and will be bypassed.

1 Like

The collaboration with a notorious LUA executor, renowned for exploiting the platform, stands out as one of the most amusing moments in Roblox history. Despite the inherent humour, it’s crucial to acknowledge the positive aspect of the recent update—undoubtedly a significant improvement. The update enhances the overall user experience by fixing major security issues and partnering with corporations to prevent exploiters on the platform, great job Roblox.

1 Like

I dont think this is how it is, at all. As far as I am aware, after byfron was released, Synapse struggled immensely at circumventing it. Additionally, the people at Synapse have been working elsewhere in the cybersecurity field since 2018, according to their website.

If the post said something like “we paid of the exploit developers to make roblox safe,” then yeah you’d be right. But the threat is already gone. Exploits have been seriously degraded by byfron. Roblox is hiring them because the people at Synapse naturally have alot of cybersecurity knowledge relating to the Roblox platform. Roblox respects their skills and wants to add them to its arsenal.

This was Roblox bolstering its cybersecurity, not paying them off.

1 Like

That amount is a market cap. Not how much they have liquid. No single entity has a trillion dollars the bank.

Secondly, I’m not against it at all. I think it’s good. It’s just kinda funny considering that they outmatched them and Roblox built the service from the ground up.

100% smart move. Exploits hurt Roblox more than paying them a massive amount of money.

1 Like

Roblox is a billion-dollar company, but it has never been profitable, never a single dollar in profit. See how it’s misleading to just say “billion-dollar company”? And Microsoft is a trillion-dollar company, three orders of magnitude more than Roblox, and even they succumbed to hackers. That was the point.

2 Likes

This is the biggest plot twist I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

There are private executors that have the capability to execute Luau scripts in the web client. Also, there are a few aimbot and ESP tools available, such as Dx9ware v2 and Celex, among others.

1 Like

No, it did not struggle at all. They use a very unique, practically unpatchable firmware-related exploit iirc.

As long as Synapse remained open, the platform lost money. People would quit and Roblox’s ability to generate income from them, would be less.

They’re adding them to their arsenal but, they’re also making sure that they don’t produce a service that severely hurts their business.

1 Like

Cannot wait to read comments left by angry exploiters in their circles its going to be hilarious.

2 Likes

I already did. Seen some apprently some are trying to sue the exploit company because they paid for their exploits :joy:

3 Likes

When one method becomes obsolete, another will be used.

2 Likes

kinda hilarious since they were the ones wanting to violate Roblox TOS

2 Likes

Not sure why a lot of people in this thread are ridiculing ROBLOX’s move, this decision is awesome to see!

3 Likes

As an ex exploit maker, I’m actually surprised that Roblox wanted to partner with them. Now synapse being ethical exploiters, I’m almost certain that exploiting will soon come to an end, at least exploiting movement. Bitdancer, not my first time replying to you, but thanks for this announcement. Please continue to use whatever tools necessary to restrict exploiters as much as possible, yet not affecting the normal playerbase, including laggy players.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why synapse developers have been hired seems to me as if they couldn’t even scratch the anti tamper, why not hire real developers like 0x90 or gogo1000 that actually showed competence in bypassing the anti tamper and have real reversing knowledge. From what I understand this byfron/anti tamper only targets overall injection/reversal part and not the internal lua structures, the only reason why synapse was good is because it focused so much on the custom functions how does this skill set accompany byfron team?

5 Likes

I think Roblox developers should still have anti-exploit measures in place, even with this new update.

Perhaps you don’t know the synapse developers. They’re much more talented than you think, and I know that from personal experience.

1 Like

Amazing, there is now no market for developers who purchase exploits as there will be almost zero exploiters at all to reverse-engineer with.

Seemingly overnight, the Roblox exploiting community has gone from reining havoc on every game to every exist, to silent. The shutdown of v3rmillion, this partnership, and now the closing of all major exploits (ScriptWare, DX9, etc.) is really what can be considered ‘the end’ in most aspects.

I don’t have any doubt that the Synapse team will be able to further strengthen both Byfron and the anti-cheat system as a whole, amazing work from you and your team @Bitdancer .

2 Likes

Icl this turn out is just hilarious to me

Glad to see exploiters go in a mass because of this

THAT IS ACTUALLY WILD LOOPOOOOOOOOO

Genuinely cannot belive I woke up to this

1 Like