Exploit Prevention Update

I think script-ware discontinued.

You seemed to have not read my post. When a sample is ran through analysis, it’s begins sending logins to a remote server. Anti-Virus will randomly flag programs without much thought, this is down the the security vendors most anti-viruses will use. As I mentioned, I am not referring to a vendor, I’m referring to direct testing of a sample by a human security expert, and in these cases, they had a 100/100 confidence rate that the sample was stealing information & logins.

By who? The link you sent is just a list of vendors that detected it. Also, if that was true, many others would have found the same thing by just opening fiddler and looking at some of the requests it was making, which people have done before.

1 Like

better for me now i dont have to spend time making anticheatus

Hyperion has nothing to do with incompetence.

It’s always a good idea to secure your own game, no matter what. Even a basic client/server anti-cheat is better than nothing at all.

Roblox has been relatively easy to reverse engineer and hasn’t made much movements towards preventing script execution exploits in the past. This is why exploiting was rampant throughout Roblox. Only minor changes were made on Roblox’s end in a attempt to prevent people from updating their exploits (if any) which made it easy for them to update. Hyperion was one of the large leaps that stopped the individuals who don’t have a solid foundation on reverse engineering or are not determined enough. This Hyperion anti-tamper can be bypassed, it just adds extra steps towards reverse engineering.

Case in point: Hyperion isn’t the sole reason that exploits shut down. Hyperion just made Roblox harder to reverse engineer, which caused many exploits to shut down because either the exploits are based off of open-source or leaked sources (known as “skidded” exploits) or the developers are incompetent.

3 Likes

Hyperion made things harder, incompetent people quit because of that. So hyperion made people quit. Is that too hard to make sense of?

Scriptware for windows was shutting down before anything happend with synapse, and then when Roblox announced its partnership, Scriptware shut the rest down too. Just because it can keep getting bypassed doesn’t mean that it was still worth it to do so, all those exploit softwares were still trying to make money out of it and it seems Synapse was the first one to realize that this wasn’t possible. That’s why they made the deal, and indirectly this is because of Hyperion even existing at all.

1 Like

This is honestly great for Roblox they can finally work on increasing security software and there will be less bots and cheats

I don’t think they’re actually illegal if it’s concerning IP you own, since Warhammer basically did the same thing with people that made fan animations about their content.

Long story short, they started preventing dedicated fans from making animations about their IP and sent successful copyright claims to Youtube which punished individuals for this a few years ago.

Even fan animations that weren’t monetized were subject to these rules, which caused further backlash from the community.

But since the company was making a Warhammer streaming service at the time, they offered creators a chance to work with them and maybe have their content reuploaded on there.

Although when you really look into this, it really sounded more like a threat rather than an actual offer.

Any animator that agreed to work for them were also forced to sign an NDA, which completely takes away their ability to say anything about their work or the company.

The same thing is clearly happening to the exploiters, so that’s probably why they’re all being forced to either leave the internet or join Roblox with very little explanation in the progress.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call it exit scamming. Y’all got the exploit, everything gets patched at some point

on many social medias exploiters are somehow mad at synapse for taking this deal, and I can’t quite understand why.
if you were a company that specifies in making tools for exploiters, and the company you are making tools against literally contacts you with a very large amount of money (considering its roblox we’re talking about) and the message of “work with us on our anti-cheat” i know every single person would take that offer, even if it meant throwing away all previous work.

1 Like

I don’t know about this really…

Wow I never seen this coming. Is it bad to team with people who hacked on ROBLOX?

This is TOTALLY amazing ! When developers of exploits help their exploit’s target, they can really help them! And their target is Roblox, which now it’s no longer a target, it’s now a partner! Imagine their work, they know the problems of the anti-cheat, and they’ll try their best to fix it!

Thanks Roblox for actually doing this! I’m really glad that you guys made this decision !

they r about to take your whole database and sell it on v3r :joy:

If roblox worked with law breaks wouldn’t it look bad to investors?

Some people jsut can’t think properly i guess

wanna see how the exploiters start if they see this :skull: