Extremely glitchy physics on custom rigs

This is an old-ish glitch, if going back to the basis of the new Roblox physics update.

When the custom rig is too large, the rig bounces periodically through the ground.
This is partially fixable through lowering density, but that also causes problems like unable to swim.

Also, when you try to turn your character, its extremely slow and glitchy. At one point you get flung off maps because of this glitch.

You also slide a lot in terrain, and the friction is set high, sometimes.

This also happens on longish rigs. Plus, this happens.
https://gyazo.com/882e3964bd5d8c5c37968ed86dba1051.mp4

Also I found out you spawn, you instantly lose balance with these kind of rigs.

PGSPhysicsSolverEnabled is on.

Over the months the glitchy physics seemed to intensify, even.

3 Likes

I would definitely recommend you expand on this issue rather than just saying “slow and glitchy” because that is not giving much insight to Roblox engineers what the issue is. Also, you should include a reproduction file so engineers can experiment and look further into it.

I experience this issue as well with some of my custom characters. There isn’t enough force to turn characters towards the direction they’re trying to move.
I believe this issue is also related to the following, as I noticed this happening within the same timeframe as the below posts:

This issue has been seen occurring with some Roblox accessories. In fact, this one.

It then became fixed after some update later. And now we have the character model, I’m pretty sure it’s about the size or weight(I presume).