Failed to load animation - Sanitized ID: <error: missing assetid> - Studio

Hey developers! I’m getting these errors and my game is becoming quite laggy.

I noticed other developers posting similar Output Errors Like this one or that one

However My Error and the topics above Errors are different Errors

I’m Getting:

Topics above are about:

How can I fix this. Clicking on the error has No Info and all animations in the Game has an Asset Id.

All help is appreciated!

5 Likes

Did you use Animator:LoadAnimation()?

1 Like

Yep. I used the animator in all player and custom rig animations

Maybe your custom rig does not support the animation can I see script

There is no script Associated with it with the Error…

It happens on join of a test or in a game server

Quite weird that some people are recently having errors like this one too…

It must be a new roblox bug

Yea, Its really weird

What’s even weirder though is My error is not like any of the posts I have found on it recently. I don’t know if I am doing anything wrong, But I don’t even know where the error is from

1 Like

I guess your best choice is to just wait until this bug is fixed or report it to the developers

1 Like

How do I even A. Explain it, like how to reproduce it? I know nothing about this other then Its happening… And B. Make a post as I’m Just a Member and not a regular

Very good question. You can report this to higher ranks and wait

1 Like

Hoping we get a response from an admin soon, too many weapons in my game rely on animations for this to be persisting!

1 Like

Yes me too. I have no clue what this error is from. Unlike other errors Mine doesn’t have an AssetID to go off of and its very annoying because I have no clue whats wrong.

do you have any code to show, for any animations in your place

Considering that my game has 16 thousand lines of code because it is a big project, and the error doesn’t mention where it coming from (like doesn’t mention a script) I have no idea where it coming from.

By doing a classname=Animation search, all My animations are valid animations with AssetIds.

can you ctrl+shift+F to try to find the word “Animation” in scripts? or similar words?

I don’t usually use the word “Animation” when referring to animations within my script. When looking for :LoadAnimation. Everything appears to be normal, and function normally. I don’t notice a difference in my game other then these errors.

ive seen multiple posts today with a “sanitized id animation error” so it may be a roblox issue. thats very strange

2 Likes

It just happened to me as well, let’s hope someone either finds a fix or Roblox pushes a new update.
Restarting studio or re-uploading animations seems to work for some people

I’ve had this happen aswell and found a fix. If you’re storing the animation object inside ReplicatedStorage, try storing it directly inside the character model instead. For some reason if you reference the animation object when it’s inside ReplicatedStorage it gives you the error. Apparently it’s a network issue but I couldn’t find more info on it.