Failed to load Animation - sanitized ID

I can confirm, I just had this error. It seems to be a bug on Roblox’s part; let’s hope this is fixed quickly.

Edit:

2 Likes

I have been experiencing this bug as well, very annoying bug

6 Likes

Same here. This is very annoying and a time suck. I’ve made like 7 other animations the exact same way for an NPC character and they all work perfectly fine. Yet this last one made for the player character gives this error. Nothing seems to correct it.

-Edit-
I can confirm that this animation is not in my Toolbox Inventory. Perhaps this is an issue with moderation as was mentioned before. Although I have this happening for animations in another project as well. Animations that did work perfectly fine before and suddenly starting getting this error, while other animations used in the same manner and same situation do work.

2 Likes

You should move this to Studio Bugs - Developer Forum | Roblox. All in all, this happens to me when someone gives me animation files and I upload them, I cannot use them.

1 Like

I am oddly getting this error on multiple experiences.

1 Like

Its an engine bug, I have just created an animation with default animation program by me(not a group) and i got an error. i think it does it only to new animations

1 Like

I just got this error, but it’s because the animation I just created was not added to my inventory, therefore I don’t have permissions to use it. I cannot click ‘get animation’ either.

Edit: the animation was added to my inventory a few minutes later! Just a slowdown it appears.

1 Like

This just happened to me, and I took others’ advice, which was to wait for the animation to appear in my inventory.

This took 3 HOURS.

Completely halted development. Absolutely unacceptable. Roblox must fix this.

Edit: Another animation of mine took 5 hours to finally upload. Someone’s in this thread took 18 hours.

5 Likes

Same happening to me here, might be a certain bug in there servers that happens every now and then that halts all animation related development at that certain time.

1 Like

I know why this happens I think

This is because the animation has been uploaded but is Not in your inventory, and it won’t let you play the animation until it is in your inventory (not sure why), but as soon as you can see it in your inventory it lets you play it just fine (from what I’ve found at least)

It’s weird that it doesn’t show up in your inventory because it shows up just fine on the creator dashboard, and it says you own it

1 Like

So is there a specific way to add it to your inventoury or is it just a waiting game?

1 Like

Im taking others advice and waiting, however its been 18 hours and its still not working.

2 Likes

true!,the animations only plays when i have them in my inventory,now the question is : how do you get the animations you make in your inventory? for me i just waited,strangely enough you have to wait a completely random amount of time,either it could be barely 30 minutes or DAYS til its in your inventory.

1 Like

There is no specific way currently to get it in your inventory, you’ll just have to wait or overwrite old/unused animations

1 Like

This (probably) bug is a good excuse to make a bunch of unused animations which can be overwritten when you need a new animation

2 Likes

Why is this a thing? I can’t even use the animations I just created now because it’s not in my “inventory”, despite being created by me. Is this a new animation review process? Either way, it’s utterly stupid.

When I tried to import it, this displays:

Erm!?!?!?

All my other animations:

What the hell, Roblox?

Edit: For anyone else experiencing this issue, this is how I “solved” it
For right now, until Roblox fixes this, all you can really do is publish any new animations by overwriting an old unused animation.

6 Likes

Yes, it shows up on the creator dashboard and it says you own it, but it won’t let you use it until it’s in your inventory

From my understanding this is not part of a review proccess

2 Likes

this is really frustrating cause my animation hasen’t been approved since 5 hours, I am not making this up I’ve waited 5 hours and it still hasen’t been reviewed yet. no idea why this change all of a sudden appeared but It’s REALLY annoying.

1 Like

I just got it too. If it’s related to moderation in any way, then I think it may occur due to the naming convention. I named an animation “pole swing”—which is an animation of an acrobatic swing—but Roblox might think it’s pole dancing or something. Ergo, the sanitization is there to prevent potentially inappropriate animations from being fully published.

Try publishing using a different name.

1 Like

I have the same issue, and it’s very annoying, i publish the animations, and they are not in my inventory, after a while, they appear, but if I publish another one, I have to wait for hours for it to be placed in my inventory

1 Like