FBX Exporting Option

.obj is a pretty widely supported format type that holds mesh structure and mapping data, and blender has both legacy and supported import options for it, though it’s not optimal for many much more complex modeling features.

1 Like

Dream come true if this is real

1 Like

It’s real. 3D Importer Support for glTF Files [Beta] - #34 by OriginalSleepyhead

1 Like

So uh… it’s 2023, still no .fbx export option. Roblox please add this to your roadmap.

6 Likes

maybe if I say something offensive roblox will finally take note of this post again. lmao

4 Likes

This is still needed, we’re in 2024 and almost every other game engine has a feature to make this possible.

2 Likes

well well well, its 2024. Not out yet lol

I swear the lack of any of this is like my worst nightmare. I am tired of doing this manually. Having to lose bone data, skin data, material data, basically anything useful. It’s not a great workflow. It takes me hours. Every single time, I come back to this post wondering what they were thinking.

Lots of people will always say “oh every single platform has X” and you know what, this time those people are right. That’s saying a lot. I echo basically everyone else in here. It’s great that you gave us skinned meshes, PBR and all that fun stuff but, to not be able to use it outside of Roblox tools (which suck) is unreal.

What’s worse is that I am stuck with the following:

• Material Manager (can’t provide me options like blender can; forget about comparing this to substance)
  • Animation Editor (great for simple things, absolutely horrendous for anything past that)
  • Rig Editor (gives me a skinned mesh option, doesn’t let me export FBX)
  • Can’t edit vertices, lines, faces… Basic mesh operations are as-is. Blender, Maya, etc are the only alternatives and you can’t even use 1/2 of the features they provide

State of base-tooling is at-best 2016. There’s some solutions out there. A lot outdated but, really, they’re just band-aid solutions to poor engineer decisions that have yet to be addressed. That in itself, is not a solution.

Source: Went on a crazy bender with RThro to embrace it and give it a try. Banged my head against a wall for a couple hours and gave up. The lack of support in terms of figuring out what to do with is astonishing at best.

4 Likes