[Feedback] Anti Tank Cannon

Hey there!

So, a few days ago I made a post about my first gun model that turned out pretty good. You can see the post here. After that, I thought that I could make something bigger and invest more time into detail of the model.

So, that’s what turned out:

It’s a bit referenced to the German Anti-Tank cannons from WW2, but I tried to give it a desert or jungle look.

Any feedback is appreciated. Note that I’m quite new to Blender, and I try my best to make a clean model! :smile:

13 Likes

The solid dark yellow color doesn’t look all that great, if your trying to give it a desert or jungle look trying giving it that a camouflage. I’m not that great at blender myself, so you might want to ask around on how to do that if you don’t know how.

3 Likes

I think the color is green and it will be more beautiful if you make the wheels smaller (yellow color will not fit). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Everything looks super cool! two things that i would recommend for this Cannon would to smooth out the front area to give it a more realistic look! The second thing would to change the color to a more appealing combat shade. Other than those two things it looks super sick! :smile:

1 Like

Yeah like he said if you want this to be realistic, then smooth the front’s curvature. Also I think a blued grey is a more historically accurate color scheme for their weaponry

1 Like

I really like this cannon, but it feels like there’s different levels of detail on each part, where the wheels are super detailed while the cannon shield seems to be low-poly. Use auto smooth and make edges wherever necessary for the best looks!

1 Like

On top of that, these cannons usually had a bit of protection above the barrel so the person using it couldn’t get shot in any sort of way in the head. You could also improve with the wheel, it should be at least be camouflaged in some sort of way for detail instead of having it plain color; same goes for the protection wall against the barrel.

1 Like

Wow! You basically got everything spot on! Would could be improved on the wheels as I feel they look too simple, if you know what I mean.

2 Likes

The color is a little bit weird, I think you might wanna change it to a green or something that isnt so bright.

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback! I’ll definitely try making the model better next time by looking at your suggestions! :smile:

1 Like

Try Add Detail on The Tire looks a little plain along with more detail on the cannon And the Body. If you end up doing all of them this thing will be ready to be showcased to the public

1 Like