(FEEDBACK) My first ever render!

About me

Hello everybody! My name is Jacob, I have just recently got into the hobby of roblox development and creating art! I am a beginner GFX/Render designer and I’d love to hear some feedback on my first ever render!

Before:

After:

This render is a pretty simplistic design and I was commissioned by a friend for it.

All feedback is taken in a positive way and it helps me greatly! Thanks for reading :smile:

10 Likes

I’d recommend looking up on YouTube how to make good lighting in blender; aswell as find a good rig (to bend the arms, legs, etc).

1 Like

Thank you! I will definitely do so!
Thanks for the bending arm suggestion but this was the pose I was asked to make

3 Likes

HEY HEY! let me tell ya this neat trick! in your lights TURN OFF SPECULAR LIGHTING on your lights.
It makes your lights not super bright! really saves your gfx.
other than that just improve the posture a bit and your in business

1 Like

Ah! Thank you for the great feedback! I will definitely be adding those things into my GFX.

Looks good for a first try. Good job!

In my opinion, it looks kind of weird that there are shadows on the top of the legs. Try moving them forward a bit?
It also looks a bit weird that there’s a shadow on the left arm(not the hand shadow), so try rotating the arm a bit to try and remove that shadow.

The shadows probably look weird because we don’t know where the light is coming from, but I’m no expert.

Hope I helped, and good luck improving your render!

If that’s Blender, do not use blender render, use Cycles instead. It looks wayyy better and you have more customization in terms of lightning.

I honestly like the style alot from it.

It looks really good! I like it just keep up the good work.

It’s not about choice, Cycles is made for final renders and Blender Render is used (at least me) for quicker renders to see how progress is going.

You can see comparisons of it by a quick google search and you’ll see the big difference.

think you replied to the wrong guy

Thank you everybody for all the wonderful feedback! I took your feedback and tried my best to incorporate it into a new render! Thanks for all the kind words about my renders, I really appreciate it!

Show us your next one! im sure we would like to see it to improve even more.

The after photo is my newest render, I’m still working on some new ones which I’m trying to get better lighting and some better quality.

Hey man! This is much better thank my first render! The shading is nice, and a pro-tip is in case you want to make a render with the model holding an object, all you have to do is group the desired prop with the character model where you think it goes. This is really great and I can’t wait to see your upcoming renders!

If you’d like to order from me go here: COMMS OPEN | Jacobthedragon4ever | GFX | Portfolio