Feedback on island generator

This is my second post about an island generator that I have been making. Since then I have added biomes, trees, a random spawn location, and UI animations. The islands are procedurally generated, so it will be different every time! Here are a few islands I’ve generated with it:

Here is a link to the game if you want to try it:

To change the biome, click the biome button, then click regenerate to make an island with that biome. So far I only have 3 biomes.

24 Likes

It looks like minecraft islands lol but overall this is really nice

2 Likes

ya but with better graphics :coefficients:. If I can find some better trees I’ll add them instead of the squares.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for something like this. Thanks for making it. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

It looks very clean and the islands don’t look messy or clip into anything at all, its really well made.

2 Likes

It looks great. :eyes:

I’d suggest that you add a script in the UI that can do this: you could spawn any type of island you’d wish, and there can be a island randomizer if you wish to add that to the UI.

You could also add like some buildings, houses, villages. Something that’ll look fun and entertaining to the players eye.

And yes, it looks like a epic gamer minecraft island

You can also add some like realistic trees if you’d like to, IF you’re looking for a more realistic environment.

3 Likes

It looks incredible!! How did you make the map to not end abruptly at the edges?

1 Like

This is great :+1: One suggestion would be to change the trees on the artic biome to look like they are covered in snow.

3 Likes

It uses a “falloff map”. Basically it subtracts from the height, more so closer to the edges.

This is how I did it. He uses Unity, but the code is pretty similar in Roblox.

3 Likes

I believe that’s Unity and they use the code C#

I don’t think C# is near the same as Lua, due to C# using more complicated things.

1 Like

They use like integers and floats a lot with tons of functions.

1 Like

Yeah, its a lot different. But what I meant was that I was able to take his C# and convert it to Lua. I replaced float and int with local to make variables, and for loops, if/else, functions, etc. are similar in Roblox. But a lot of things he does in that video don’t apply to Roblox, like making meshes and an image from code. I just used Roblox terrain for that.

1 Like

This looks amazing, I love the work keep it up.

Have you thought about making this open source?

2 Likes

Now this is really cool. This is going to help a lot of future developers with terrains, thank you so much for doing this!