What's Your Roblox Story?

*ahem*
Once upon a time, about 6-9 years ago, I discovered roblox. I only played 1 game, I didn’t know much about the site, but I played on my sister’s laptop. I didn’t want her to know that I downloaded roblox without her permission so i uninstalled it.

3-5 years later

I come home from some event at the library, and my brother comes in and tells me that he found this new game that he wanted to show me. He showed me Roblox Studio, and the memories of that 1 time I played roblox started coming in. We messed around with free models so much. Then we actually got into the games, where we usually only played bird simulator and Work At A Pizza Place, because I was too afraid to play anything else because I didn’t know what kinds of games were out there. I occasionally played a snowboarding game, admin houses and just random games I stumbled on. I also accepted all friend requests I recieved. I don’t even know if those I friended even still play roblox any more.

I made a trash game that was basically me building a house and filling it with free models and then snapping at people who critisized it. (By the way, if you critiqued Welcome to the Town of Roblox and I got mad at you, I’m sorry, unless you bullied me for it…)

Years pass, I mainly play Pokemon Brick Bronze, I made a friend of @Latios736, because he bought a donation gamepass from my garbage game XD. Pokemon Brick Bronze got taken down, and I started playing the fake remakes.

A few months pass, Loomian Legacy gets announced and that brings me back to roblox. I get on the developer forum and start programming, I say “Happy birthday” to a random person on the “Cakeday” tab, named @landonjf4. We’re good friends now, and he introduced me to a couple of his other friends. That brings me up to now. It’s honestly been quite a journey on my way here, and I’m glad I made it. Thanks so much for the memories, and I can’t wait to see what new ones I make later on! :smiley:

2 Likes

Pokémon Brick Bronze was what got me into Roblox and when it was deleted that’s when I understood how much entertainment a developer can provide their audience which inspired me in to game development.

#RobloxStory #RipPBB

2 Likes

joined 2012 by recommendation, enjoyed games like a pirates life, did absolutely nothing but mess around with free models for 5-6 years until I bothered learning lua from roblox videos, then just, made some games and stuff and explored devforum, and this happened

1 Like

My Roblox starts about 4 to 5 ish years ago my friend had discovered a game named Roblox and after a bit played it. The first ever game I played was Kick off made by @Lethal682 (btw tps soccer game fun too).After a while 2,3 ish years later I didn’t play roblox as much but I played still. In mid 2019 my uncle said you should do programming and I wan’st thinking was going fun.I resorted to programming in roblox and it makes me happy that all i got to say.

1 Like

In 2015-2016, I found Roblox. My friends were playing it inside of School on the servers Because we were allowed to at the time and I really wanted to play but didn’t know what the name of Roblox was. I was into Minecraft and YouTube, and I saw a Roblox portal. I clicked on that video and it was exactly what I saw my friends playing. After seeing that video, I immediately installed it on my Android Tablet and made an account, and played Roblox High School first. I really liked it so I decided to play more game like Work at a Pizza Place, Elevator and a bunch of obbies for rewards, and tycoons. I was the average 4th grader playing Roblox in 2016. Then, I got my first computer in like October of 2016. I installed Roblox and got to playing. After playing the first game on my computer, I saw Roblox Studio. I was like hmm… Then I saw that it was how you can make games. So I decided to mess around with the toolbox and decided to create a baseplate with a hotel in it lol! I then found the terrain feature and thought, hmm I think this is how developers create games (because there is brick and wood). Toolbox and terrain. I wasn’t happy with my terrain game, WEschool (First attempt to copy RHS). I couldn’t find it in 2020, so I think it is lost in time. I then created 2 cringe games, one of them being an attempt to copy RHS and the other was … well … lets just call it Free Model Survival. The attempt to copy RHS was in support until 2019, then I didn’t want anything to do with it anymore. In 2018, I created The Basic Elevator, which was a modified version of Open Sourced The Elevator. It was a good game, then about a month later, I created Jail City. I had some scripting experience at the time, but you know 2018 me, I just use free models. Not that time. I decided to look at YouTube on how I can create things myself. My sister, @kimimimi123 was one of the builders, and @SubHour, a friend of mine was the other. We created Jail City and released it in December of 2018. It got a TON of feature updates, 64 to be exact as of November of 2020. It is nearing end of support, and pretty much only gets bug fixes. I then now fast forwarding to 2020, I create Bloxy Kart! it will release in December 8, 2020!

5 Likes

I first found Roblox in 2016. I have had 3 accounts since then. I played a lot of tycoon and obby games back when I first started. Later, I mostly stopped playing Roblox because I got bored of it, but I came back when I started playing Jailbreak with a group of friends.

I found Roblox Studio in (I think) 2017 and started trying to make things with it. Every time I started a project, I always quit because the idea got too big that I couldn’t finish it. But when covid hit earlier this year, I had a lot of extra time and I spent a lot of it on learning Roblox Studio. I started a game where you build vehicles and battle with them, but I didn’t get very far before I gave up. After that, I made an island generator, which is the first thing I ever finished (although its not actually a game, it just generates an island).

Now I am working on a sandbox game called Adventure Builder. I started making Adventure Builder because I wanted something easy to make that I knew I could finish, because I have never finished making a game yet. I am about halfway done with the game, so it should be released in early 2021.

After I finish Adventure Builder, I want to start doing commissions and start working with other people. I also want to learn another game engine/coding language eventually.

2 Likes

I joined Roblox on September 2018 on my account called DeanTheBear20. I heard about Roblox from some friends at school who would always talk about MM2. I created DeanTheBear20 and would play all the time (I kinda got addicted). On the 8th of January, 2019 I created this account as my first alternative account, which I would play random scam games to see if they worked.

Sometime in 2019, deanthebear20 got hacked for a reason that I still don’t actually know. I decided to start using this account as my new main account and stopped playing scam games on it. Later in 2019, I decided to develop some games and got a decent amount of play visits. I had around 800 place visits but I took a game down because it had copyrighted content in it and I didn’t want to get banned. I now have almost 550 place visits and am working on some games. I also decided to start up a YouTube channel which is know as DeanTheBear21 and have about 15 subs. I really enjoy Roblox and the Roblox community and cannot wait to see what the future holds for all of us!

#RobloxStory

2 Likes

I first heard of Roblox back in 2007, when one of my kids started playing it. I would get in and do obbies with him (which was the majority of games back then), it was in the days of the old point and click to move.
I tried to use the editor to make a game back then, but the editor was so complicated, and just … bad… as I remember it, and I ended up hacking the file format, and making my own simple block map editor in C++ and having it export my level into the Roblox format. I remember I made a few platforms with some spiral stairs attached to them, I think I was trying to make a fighting game, but it never happened.
However, playing with my son was simple fun, and we had some good memories, until he sort of out grew it.

Then, 2014, had to quit my job to stay at home with my new baby who had medical issues. Lots of tough times and stressful things going on in our family. Then another kid of mine, sort of re-discovered Roblox and started playing. Remembering it from back in 2007, I joined in to play with him, the difference was like night and day.

Eventually the whole family got involved playing, it was something that we could do as a family, and just feel whole, let the worries and stresses of the real world melt away and we could just have fun.

A few months later in 2015, I read how Roblox was paying developers, so I bought the lifetime OBC, and started trying to use the editor and make something.
The editor was totally different than it had been in 2007, I could actually use it and make things.
After trying to make a zombie shooter, and a failed tycoon, Teiyia wanted to make an ultimate ‘mermaid pool’ game, and so Neverland Lagoon was born, and that has been my job for the last 5 years.

4 Likes

I joined roblox in 2014, I’ve been on roblox on 2 other accounts(both hacked, terminated respectively).

My current account was created in 2018, I quickly started playing front-page games, and fell in love with most of those games.
Fast forward to mid 2019, I decided to download roblox studio and mess with my starter place game, I quickly then fell in love with scripting, then 2020, here I am.

Roblox is simply amazing.

2 Likes

I joined Roblox around mid-2016 using a different account after I had seen a lot of my classmates and friends playing this game called Roblox. It was crazy to me how all these different games and genres were on one platform, where I could also play with some of my friends.

At the time, I didn’t really pay attention to who was making these games I was playing, until I found out that all of my favourite games were created by regular people. This was when I saw the opportunity that this platform had. I occasionally dabbled with studio building (though I wasn’t very good). I tried scripting a little because I had learned Python not too long ago, but that didn’t work out well. I always thought about different game ideas and things I wanted to make, although most of them were really unrealistic and out of reach.

Near late-2019 was when I felt motivated to actually try something, and I ended up building a basic survival/capture the flag map, using the CTF starter template. After that, I realized my own potential, so I started building more and more, especially after the whole pandemic forced me into quarantine, which meant that I had more time than usual, and that I was extra bored, since I could. I started scripting afterwards too, and now over the course of the past couple of months I have learned to build, decently script, and 3D model in Blender. I even had my first commission this year too!

4 Likes

I’ve known about roblox since the third grade when I made an essay comparing it to minecraft, but for some reason I didn’t like it for no reason until 2016 when I joined it with my firends when we were messing around.

About a year later, I just opened studio wondering what it was and just got hooked making games. I’ve spent the past 3-4 years just learning and improving whether it’s with failed games or other projects.

Now during quarantine, I’ve really started to learn and apply my skills to making two games which I’m exited to publish.

4 Likes

I had joined in 2014 and I my friend showed me the website and I created this account. Then about 5 - 6 months later I start developing games this was the first time I opened studio and learned about. Now I had learned how to Build and Code games and that was the best experience in my life and I still do it to this day.

2 Likes

This is my “I can’t remember at all” story, I searched “sandbox” long time ago then found roblox. I liked the games and the idea of making them and then I decided to study modeling, scripting, gfx and a lot of things and now I can make games by myself (learned everything I wanted so I don’t have to pay to others) and something extra is that I decided to help others in my community to learn more.

So yeah that’s my #RobloxStory that started with a “I like this” to “I’m stingy” and now I’m here at night close to sleep.

Also I don’t know where I found the time to read all the stories until my story right here, can tell you guys have nice stories.

4 Likes

In 2017, my I had seen some videos of Roblox, and my sister played it so she made me an account. I made my name SneakerDude2 because I used to be really into shoe brands.

In 2018, my favorite game was probably Jailbreak. In the summer of 2018 I had a friend group on Roblox and we would play Jailbreak in a VIP server, and other games as well. Probably the most fun I’ve ever had on Roblox.

In 2019, I played a lot of Flood Escape 2. And I mean a LOT. I used to have a 100 day login streak and I’m level 98 in it currently.

At the start of quarantine this year, I started learning how to use Roblox Studio. One of my early games I made with @Tonels_0957 was called The Advanced Obby (it really sucks lol). Looking back at it now makes me realize how much I’ve improved as a developer. If you wanna see how good I am now, look at this build I recently made. I also play obby games like JToH.

Alright, there is my story. Thanks for reading this lol.

1 Like

Introduction

Hi! I’m Eli. I’ve been a developer on Roblox for almost 8 years now. This is the story of how I got here.

I loved to build stuff.
Games like Minecraft were my go-to since early-2010. I was fascinated by the lore of being able to create literally anything I want.

Soon enough I started getting advertisements for Roblox out of the blue, most of which I ignored, but I eventually decided to sign up.

I started out as a guest, and my first game was Welcome to Roblox Building. I had finally found my dream game. Everything I could have ever wanted in a sandbox game was packaged in that small little Roblox game.

The second game I ever played was “Crossroads,” and I got into the more competitive side of Roblox, but nothing caught my eye more than building your own games, and one year later, I finally tried it out.

I was completely oblivious to Roblox Studio at the time, so instead, I started screwing around with the stamper tool not knowing at all what I was getting into.

It was fine for a while, until I wanted something different. I had already grown tired of the preset model stamps and template copy-pasting, and decided to build some stuff of my own. And that’s where the story of my first real game begins.

I finally started digging my hands around in Roblox Studio, and created a huge, boxed-in lobby, and called it “Just A Lobby.”

Creative, isn’t it?

After creating Just A Lobby, I decided to start advertising my game, and I got over 8,000 visits during its lifetime, which doesn’t sound like much at all, but still remains the most amount of visits I’ve ever gotten on a game.

2016-2017

Due to a decrease in player growth, I rebranded the game several times. From Just A Lobby, to Just A Game, to E-Games (a minigames hub.)

In 2017, E-Games was moved to a new game, where production continued for a while. In the same year, I started on Gordon Theatre, a sandbox theatre simulator. This became my highest priority project. (I still work on this game to this day!)

In 2018, I started making building showcases, simply for the purpose of showing off my building skills, and my work as a developer. I also got into scripting in the same year! I made showcases for my scripting abilities later in the year.

In the same year, I started on another big project: “Damage and Chaos,” which was a mayhem/destruction sandbox game.

However, Damage and Chaos, as well as E-Games were both discontinued in late-2018.

2019-2020

I was heavily inspired by zKevin in 2019, so I started making games fitted more in the “quirky” genre, and I’ve been making completely stupid ideas into games ever since then!

And the rest is history…

#RobloxStory

6 Likes

Woohoo! Roblox origin story related? Let’s go!! Here’s my developer story.

I first joined Roblox around March 2017 when my 1st brother has created me an account that I want to play. I first use Roblox studio on a Guest account and I didn’t learn how to build stuff until I have an account to use Roblox studio. I use free models for my starter place that I have(Don’t complain that I use the free model because I don’t know how to make one.). Next year that I learn how to make a model by building with the part. In March 2018, I made my first horror survival called Kate’s Revenge because I use Kate as a free model character and I use a little bit of a free model but I discontinued it because I’m kinda lazy to work it. In 2019, I made many beds like a LOT every day and I have no plan to make a bed museum for them until I stopped making more beds in early 2020. Now in 2020… I made my first… REALLY FIRST… showcase game called My Room which it was my successful that it hit 170+ visits in late 2020 after the update called Basement Room Revamp and Billiard Room. I must be getting so good at building that I would love to improve my building skills! Oh and I forgot that I made a muscle dummy and dragon character model in December 2019 before 2020 which I’m a fan of muscle. This is my origin story of being a small developer.

2 Likes

My Roblox journey began on March, 9th, 2012.
I saw an ad that said free to play for Roblox and it was something I’ve never seen before, I signed up to see what what was this all about. I was super excited when I saw that you can make friends, play games and even make games for free! I told myself like I can build things I like and people would enjoy. I started playing around with studio or the build option of the time of website when Tix was a thing. I remember my first clan I started with a friend called the red eagles army, our imagination went crazy. From there I started building more and improving on studio, such as map design and architecture. As it stands now present day, I’m an official Map Maker for Stylis Studios (Phantom Forces) since March 9th 2019. I’m also currently working with my development team to create a game that hasn’t been done yet for Roblox. Roblox has taught me so much about endless possibilities for building and let your mind explore new paths for ideas you may have. Not only was this exciting, it allowed me to cope with bullying and stress in my actual life, if it wasn’t for Roblox I wouldn’t be here. I wouldn’t give Roblox up for anything. This is more than a hobby for me it’s my passion and career I want to pursue in doing. Thank You for changing my life into something I never would have thought about doing.

5 Likes

Been Playing ROblox since I was 8, i had this fascination with cool moves flashy stuff cool weapons, I once made a Card Game where like you have buncha chars diff moves, weapons,etc. and like after tht i got my entire school playing it decided to make a video game on it on roblox then i realized that it aint that easy to make 3d characters (I am a lit artist could draw 5 extremely unique cards in like 20 minutes and so I had around 200 cards within a 2 weeks), well then I quit and then I came back during lockdown cuz I was bored learnt scripting and stuff tried making chars again then learnt some scripting then a ton more scripting now I am devoloping games in huge teams.

BeSt pArT is all of the games had magic and all of them had lightning

5 Likes

Touching Story, ngl kinda motivational also cant wait for the new game

4 Likes

Thank you! I hope we can make a great game!

4 Likes