Feedback On My First UI Design!

Not bad, looks pretty good actually! It looks quite simple and fairly neat. Obviously an admin control panel doesn’t have much to offer since there’s not many pretty UI’s, but this looks good for your first!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the feedback!

1 Like

nice except lots of empty space at bottom, white parts aren’t evenly spaced out, font isn’t great blue part maybe should have like a pattern

2 Likes

There is a lot of complaints, first of all, it looks like both the admin text and the frame inside of the frame is not centered.

Secondly, the close button looks like it is misaligned.

Thirdly, this is just a personal preference, but I’d prefer to see a different font.

And finally, why is there a cancel button and a close button? There’s no point having both, remove one.

1 Like

The cancel goes back to the main Admin Page, the close button closes the whole menu.
Thanks for the feedback I will definitely improve for next time!

1 Like

I know it’s just an Admin Panel for mods but it still would be a good opportunity to practice and test some UI Tools. Personally I like uiDesign but there are many plugins out there which can improve the aesthetic appeal of your UIs:

2 Likes

Thanks for this resource! Much appreciated.

2 Likes

This is really good! What program did you use to make it?

Roblox Studio. That’s all I used lol.

Wow! That’s incredible! Studio is harder for me to work with so I draw images then import them into image labels. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will try my best again next time. Good luck to you too!

1 Like

It’s nice I recommend centering that bottom box.

Also like Gamers said here you should just make it when you do the kick that it closes the admin panel it’s a little bit crowded with the close button on the top.

2 Likes

Also tweening the UI so it slides up or down when you open it or when it closes is good, just for that little extra touch.

Thanks for the advice. Will definitely take it into consideration next time!

1 Like

The admin box isn’t centered

The white box is not centered

the “x” in the red box is not centered

Yeah just center and organize it

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will definitely change for next time.

For a first UI, it’s pretty good, it’s nice and straight forward. One thing beginning UI designers do wrong is a proper colour scheme, it looks like you stuck to it. A couple of things I would recommend would be induldging yourself in the world of designing, either via dribbble or something similar, or right here on the devforum. Another thing would be to have a look at Coolors. They have tons of colours for your to use as well as palettes to create complimenting designs. Another thing you should keep in mind is form, the rounded edges create a smooth look, but miter edges are more noticable. Flow is another idea, creating organization is key for presenting the important things to your user; creating ease of use is another thing, you must keep button sizes, colours, and shapes consistent to keep them noticable and in the back of the user’s mind; giving the players prompts that are self explanatory.

tl;dr good job, check out coolors, keep in mind flow and form, keep doing awesome things

1 Like

Nice for a first try. Someone has probably already said this, but the white box isn’t centred. Overall a 7/10.

Thanks for this amazing feedback! I will make sure to try everything you mentioned out.

that’s good right?

2 Likes