Feedback on my latest GFX

Hi there, I’m looking for some feedback on the following 3 GFX that are below. Also, if you want to see some of my other creations then click here.

Enjoy!

1 Like

I like the lighting effect of the first one! Although, I don’t feel that the rock in the second picture really fits in with what’s going on in the background and with the characters. In third picture, the rocks look a bit off in my opinion. However, this is only my opinion. Overall a nice GFX collection!

1 Like

Hey @msami7893! Your graphics are good. I would recommend you to add some overlays (effects) and add a font to your graphics if you want to. If you are having trouble finding fonts, I would recommend you using dafont.com. Many people that I recommend enjoy using this link. If you have any questions or concern, let me know.

2 Likes

The GFX’s look very good! I think for the first one you should have something like endless water because it kind of looks like the character is just sitting on the edge of the world. Second, i think the first picture should have a day background or make the picture darker. I think it kind of looks strange how the character is sitting on a low poly island and its night but it looks like there is a sun shining down on the scene. Also, the grass on the first picture should be more low poly like single strands of smooth plastic as grass (Kind of like Roblox’s decoration feature) . The second and third picture looks great but I think the picture’s sky should be more realistic, it kind of looks like it was painted or blurred but it just doesn’t seem normal. Overall, I think it is 8/10

2 Likes

Hey! It was really just for renders, wasn’t looking for any fonts etc. And I already use dafont and :heart: it! There is an overlay in the first one but not in the others.

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for your response! I’ll take that into consideration. Enjoy!

Thanks for the response. I tried to add a texture to the rocks in blender but there were about 6 rocks and adding textures is hard enough to add to one object. Enjoy :heart: !

The second one is cool, but in the first one… The water looks weird in the bottom right hand corner… One sport is darker than the rest. Also, the character has what looks to be two hands, which is very strange. There is also a strange dark grey part above the character’s top hat. Otherwise, the lighting is nice, and the second one is nice!

For the water, it was when I was lowering the saturation. I didn’t even notice the hand, must of happened when using the markup tool on photoshop. There is a lot to work on for me so thanks for pointing it out! :heart:

I’ll list my feedback here:

1. I like this graphic the best. What seems a little off, though, is the patch of grass in the front. Parts of it are blurry and there’s random areas of blurry green around it. It kind of looks like you lasso selected and duplicated a patch of grass (selecting the hand on accident as well), and then just moved it to the left.
    This throws off the lighting and perspective on the grass and is generally something you don’t want to do.
    It also looks like you added a brush tool to add highlights on the character, which can be helpful when adding detail but also can be easily misused. There is a little too much ‘light’ on the face, for example.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 8.51.25 AM
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.22.41 AM

2. I like the action in this GFX, but again with using the brush tool, be sure to know where the shadows will occur, particularly on the characters. The brush you selected is a little large, so they look somewhat smudgy, though this is easily fixable.

3. In terms of lighting and shadows, this one looks much more natural than the previous. The positioning of some of the characters seems a bit unnatural, mostly this one.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 11.50.42 AM
    Overall, though, this one looks really nice!

The Good
• In the first one, I really like that lighting effect. The render blends nicely with the light leak.
• The poses really show the different emotions the characters may be feeling with the 2nd and 3rd renders.

The Bad
• In the first one, the grass looks added onto the platform, and the pose could be improved by bending the limbs more with a rig. The character could also be looking at the camera, instead of staring away from the camera, unless that was the look you were going for.
• The second and third renders have no noticeable shadows. For all of them, I would recommend getting an HDRI, or using three point lighting. The sky does not blend in with the scene.

The Conclusion
You’re really good at making GFXs, and you can always improve! You show a lot of potential for making higher quality art. :+1:

Good Response: Thanks, I liked the lighting too and am happy you liked it also. Happy to know!

Bad Response: The grass “broke” when using the markup tool. Also, on the first one I didn’t bend the first for the following reason: I found a plugin that allowed me to bend using the animation editor and then it would make a copy of the edited person (as because if you click out of the editor then the edit will go away) and I do not use a RIG because I don’t want to download something from a random Mediafire website. The noob/zombie one was when I was using that plugin and the nice lighting one was when I did not discover it yet.
Also, I tried to use a HRDI and when I attempted to add it to blender 2.79 which is what I use and I did not find the “use nodes” button that I needed.

Thank you for the response! :heart:

1 Like

Are you making sure you’re adding the HDRI in the World node editor using an Environment texture? I don’t use Blender 2.79, but this is what the equivalent is in Blender 2.8:

Hi there, I was not using an HDRI as I did not know how to yet. I just learned recently and if you check out this post and find the renders dropdown, I have 2 creations that have HDRI. :smile:

1 Like