Feedback on my Low-Poly Cafe-Motel

This is my fourth ever Low-Poly build, and I think I’ve improved a bit. (it may be be a bit bad, because I’m pretty tired.)
Here’s my previous builds, if you were interested.

Pictures

Ignore the low quality of the decals.

Also. tell me if i’ve improved. and tell me how I can improve.
Any feedback helps. and can you guys give it a rating /10?
Thanks for reading! :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

The overall design is actually very good however I would consider added actual letters for the title of the cafe and for the motel and make it look nice with a background part like you did there just with real text. There are plugins such as https://www.roblox.com/library/359826082/3D-Text-Maker which allow you to make text easily so I would recommend either that or maybe import something. The rest of the build is very good and I admire your building taste.

4 Likes

I tried using that plug-in, but I don’t really like it. Thanks for the advice, and the support. Do you believe I should add anything?

What do you mean by that?

1 Like

I was thinking something along the lines of this.

or even better slant it a little.

As for adding things maybe improve the awning a little by instead making it blocky.

I think it would go a little bit better with the design.

3 Likes

Looks nice, thanks for the help. I’m going to sleep now, goodnight.

1 Like

Your design is good but the color scheme is peculiar, the building itself is grey and I wouldn’t expect vibrant colors like red/blue/yellow to match. Also the decals are unappealing, maybe change it or make it from parts.
The window for that door is too big, change it?

3 Likes

The build is okay but it definitely needs more improvement.

Suggestions

1. You should make the second floor higher as the windows looked like it’s being squeezed.

2. Add detail to the roof.

Example of Roof Detail

1. You should redo your overhangs, it look likes cloth draping from parts of the same color. I suggest using wedges or union and negate.
Example of Overhang

1. The door looks like an entrance to a Saloon. You should change it a bit.

2. First floor windows are too high, you should lower it a bit.

3. As @SturdyStubs said, you should change your decal text to actual parts. It would give a more cartoon-ish vibe. As for logo or symbols, you can search for images in .png in google or make one either in studio or blender. But decals can be done for complicated logos if you’re not that proficient with blender like what I did in my build.

Example of Solid Text and Decal Logo

1. The Color Scheme you chose isn’t exactly that attractive. You should brighten it up more to give off a cartoon-ish vibe.
4 Likes

Hiya! I love the cafe, I think you have improved! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My Suggestions

• I think the colors of the cafe are quite dull, I’m unsure if you want it to be like that but I believe an “Eye-catching” cafe should have bright colors! It would look cute.

• Following on from my improvement/suggestion, the bright colors you’ve used really clash with the darker colors of the cafe/motel.

• I think the colors of the windows should stay the same, but they do look super cute having a blue and an orange one!

However it’s super cute, you should keep up with the work you’re doing 7/10! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

It takes me 5 minutes to make a single letter. :confused:

4 Likes

It’s two different colors because the first floor, the lights are on, and the second floor they are not. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Using the plugin it took me literally 5 minutes to create what I made last night. You can also use blender to import text which might be more beneficial to get a more cartoony text.

2 Likes

I don’t understand blender at all, and I attempted to use the plugin heres what I just did. I also did a bit of updating to it. @SturdyStubs @LOLShadowMoonLOL @GenPacaKent @z4ayn
Im going to update it a bit more. Thanks to you all for the help!

Updated version

4 Likes

On the windows, are they decals or what?

1 Like

They’re extruded parts. I did a lot of extruding on it.

3 Likes

You should add a door handle and also the brick is colliding with the window.

2 Likes

I would do white with blue windows and doors and then blue and white overhang.
Something like this could possibly look good.

1 Like

Hi there! I like the model you have produced, it looks pretty good so far. I also have a couple suggestions for your cafe/motel.

Windows

First off, your windows look pretty good, but the top windows are a different color than the bottom windows, to me this doesn’t look very appealing, Also you have a piece of the window sticking out from the bottom. Overall, they look pretty good though.
sticks

Logos

The logo’s don’t really fit the build, decals come out blurry some times, I would suggest using a text creator plugin or making words of your own. I do like the stick-out on the side of the building saying motel though, that’s a pretty good detail.

Other than that, you did a pretty good job on the build! :rocket:

2 Likes

@Swiffted

Update

I did what you thought I should’ve done.

and this is the current version of it.

5 Likes

Looks really good now! Good work on your build. :rocket:

2 Likes

He could also use Paint 3D, then import it into studio. Only works on PC.

2 Likes