Feedback On Website Concept

These are concepts for a website I have started to develop. The website will be a portfolio creation platform for Roblox. Yes I know the Talent Hub exists but Creator Pages (The Talent Hub’s portfolio system) don’t allow for nearly as much customisation and personalisation that my website would provide. :slight_smile:

Landing Page

Login Popup

11 Likes

I too a html and css programmer but I dont know what I can do in roblox. U are look good. I think u might have add transitions. I m very bad at js. Does this 2website has js.

1 Like

That Looks VERY good color palette is VERY easy on the human eye

1 Like

People may think they have to enter their roblox password when seeing the Login page. Instead of “Type your Password” maybe do something like: “Type your Bloxofolio password”.

3 Likes

Looks awesome, and amazing use of colors

this is very true i would agree to put “Type your Bloxofolio password” instead.

3 Likes

The website looks good so far. My only critique is the text that says “portfolio’s”; you don’t need an apostrophe there.

EDIT: Just another quick spelling mistake I noticed. “Beatiful” should be spelt “beautiful”.

3 Likes

It looks good, but will it eventually be abandoned like your previous website?

this website will most likely not be abandoned. With RoStats I didnt just wake up one day and decide to close it down. RoStats closed down for a variety of reasons such as the fact that our rating system was constantly changing. Also we realised that someones abilities can’t be summed up by an arbitrary number - each developers skill level is subjective depending on who you ask.

Bloxfolio is essentially RoStats but without the arbitrary rating system and developers have WAY more customisation options when it comes to their profile (now called portfolio in Bloxfolio). This new website is more of a revive of RoStats than a complete new entity.

Does that mean this new project will contain our personal data from the (now defunct) RoStats project? As far as I’m concerned, personal data such as email addresses were never wiped when RoStats was shut down.

1 Like

All user data was wiped when RoStats shutdown - Since Bloxfolio would technically be a new website it would basically be illegal to port over users sensitive information from RoStats to Bloxfolio.

Also I wouldn’t advice linking from CondescendingReality as they have been blatantly nitpicking at RoStats and making what I would consider extreme accusations from minor details. CondescendingReality has been well, condescending.

Okay, I guess that’s good to know. :+1:

Okay, here’s a reply from @FxllenCode then.

there was an announcement in the discord server 1 month before we shut down. Also how does the fact that we shut down our website make us shady.

A majority of us weren’t in the Discord server and were expecting updates in that topic too. Unfortunately, there was no update provided in that topic as to what happened. It caused a lot of confusion and people were losing trust in the people who maintained it.

According to @WaviestBalloon, there were also a ton of other issues.

all of the mistakes with RoStats was honestly down to incompetency, it was my first website that I published for others to use. Ive learned so much from RoStats. Also most of the issues were minor and were eventually fixed. As for the website going down all the time - that’s a lie, there was only about 3 times the site was down for a long duration of time, and that was due to Dos attacks.

Bloxfolio will be better than RoStats in many aspects as I’ve learned so much from RoStats. I’ve also started an IT course in college earlier this year and ive learned so much from there, such as how to properly manage projects, development life-cycles, relational databases and much more. Ive grown so much as a person that i can confidently say I am basically a different person than I was when I made RoStats.

Okay, fair enough. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you’ve improved since then.

Good luck with this new project of yours! :happy1:

1 Like

Couple grammar mistakes, but it seems like you definitely know how to make websites look good!

But one request: Make the white frame when you press log in/sign up black instead.

1 Like

making the white frame black will lead to accessibility issues due to the login popup not contrasting enough with the rest of the page.

3 Likes

I’ll give credit where credit is due this is a massive improvement from your previous website designs

4 Likes