[Cancelled] Omnia - a game project

Development Team

Our development team consists of three people, however, it’s currently mostly friends who enjoy the idea and would like to create a game. A lot of us are passionate about our work and have done some progress already. We’ve got open spaces for more people to join in if necessary.

@M_antas - Builder
@TTV_Jabit - Scripter
@Conxtal - Modeller

Other Progress

Here's stuff we've completed that's not build related

Build Progress

The place isn’t exactly finished nor am I close to the final product but I’ll be posting updates of the progression I make with the game most likely daily to those who are interested as we don’t have a discord/communications server for this project yet and we don’t plan on doing it for a little bit until the game is close to Alpha release. Any feedback or criticism is appreciated as it helps us improve.

Update 12/26/2020
Decided to create some UI for the game at least the loading screen which you can find in the “other progress” section above the building progress. Designed the main logo itself as well which seems to be getting a lot of attention but nothing build related yet.

Contact

Twitter: M_antass
Discord: Mantas#0002

13 Likes

The building aesthetic is very pretty and smooth. Please keep up the hard work and provide updates – this looks like it has a lot of potential! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Appreciated, I’ve always been making games with one of my friends and we tended to give up on the project and the quality of builds was rushed and unprofessional I’m taking my time and putting in all my effort to make this as realistic and yet optimizied as possible. There’s way more detail that needs to be done and I’m excited for the project to progress although I’m not a fan of space games myself I’ve been hooked onto building this area as I’ve mapped out my floor plans already.

1 Like

For sure. You’re going to run into a lot of challenges when trying to complete a game, both personally and as a team. From experience I’ve asked myself “is this project even worth it anymore?”, and for the most part: it always is.

Good luck.

This is already looking absolutely amazing, the detail is stunning and the curved edges look amazing, I’m guessing most of that was made in blender?

Actually, this has all been built with parts and unions and surprisingly even though I usually can’t run a single game with graphics over 1 this game has been smoother than ever with only 1500 parts so far. Although I could of had a modeler make the assets I decided I won’t bother them as they’ve got a lot of commissions and It was too late when we hired them anyways.

Make sure to check out the 12/22/2020 update I’ll be posting more in the future once I make more progress on the game itself. I wasn’t really paying attention to Roblox for a bit but I’ll be focusing more.

Wow! This is very good! I do have a question though, was any of this modeled in Blender?

No, unfortunately I don’t know how to use Blender so I build everything in studio!

This look really good, I like the wooden theme and color scheme and also very good uses of rounded corners and object make it feel more realistic and not a blocky game. Very cool

1 Like

Yeah, we’re trying to achieve something that isn’t blocky or “low poly” since when it comes to space I don’t think of a low poly game or something absurd I prefer having it as close to realistic as possible and keep in mind after I finish this I’ll be trying to optimize it to save memory usage and GPU usage since nothing here is made in blender because we’re waiting for our modeller to be finished with his commissions. The map is about 25% finished as we speak so hopefully I keep doing good but I’ll have a break tomorrow as well as on Christmas.

Added update 12/26/2020 which has a new section called “other progress” so far containing the UI I’ve made for the game which is a loading screen, any feedback or criticism is appreciated.