What are you working on currently? (2020)

21 Likes

What Am I Doing?
I’m Working On A Open-World Story Game Like “GTA V” With As Realistic Graphics I Can Do Now Just Waiting On Roblox To Put The New Textures Out For Terrain.

8 Likes

Got the turret system working with Constraints, thanks for the tips @CJ_Oyer :+1:.

Planning on releasing the module once I understand what my code actually does and able to explain the Attachment setup required to define the constraint axis and make the code work. TL;DR It’s all CFrame.lookAt.

22 Likes

I love supersaws.

13 Likes

I assume 34-47 faces, If not how many?

Information

Added a little more progress for those who are interested, I was pretty tired so didn’t much much but I will keep updating on my work on the post linked below so everyone can keep up with it.

14 Likes

I LOVE it and can imagine I really good beat drop when the current sample ends keep your amazing skills up and you’ll be the next Toby fox

Continuing my learning process. Decided to play around some more with Verlet and cloth simulation (Probably going to use this for my AoE indicator system as well so it conforms to surfaces). Pretty happy with the performance. I didn’t go crazy with the amount of vertices in the cape and Blender is not my forte…having said that, hope you enjoy!
12 capes
30 bones per cape
217 constraints per cape
.4ms per frame per cape
Currently no collisions with any other object

20 Likes

Sounds really familiar for some reason

1 Like

Here’s a snippet of a personal project of mine that I’ve been working on off-and-on since October. I like gritty cyberpunk. You can play it here, if you’re so inclined to. It’s a work-in-progress.

Today I worked on a club/meeting room/bedroom for one of my good friends.

12 Likes

More Details like Snow, a new Gas Station and a tunnel

29 Likes

I love the style of the project. The details are pretty nice.

Found a tunnel that leads me to the outside

4 Likes

I made a thumbnail for my game

…in powerpoint

39 Likes

One suggestion to optimize it: (this is not my idea. I forgot who did this though, so i will credit it later if i remember it). Basically, instead of using frame - per frame drawing method, this person used a ui gradient to draw 10 pixels. This will allow to reduce the amount of instance to be created & manipulated, thus resulting in a bit of optimization.

I have been playing around with an ice sculpting idea. Do you think there is any potential for this type of game? Not sure if players will have a long enough attention span to sculpt anything meaningful out of ice or if I need to incorporate some type of speed run/timed mode.

iceSculpt

12 Likes

Did you make this in powerpoint too?
That’s a pretty interesting talent

Do you use Google Slides or Microsoft’s powerpoint?

2 Likes

I think that is a good game idea. Would you be adding dif tools for dif sculpting progress. Although one never really knows what some may decide to sculpt.

I usee microsoft powerpoint 2013

6 Likes

more renders :grinning:

21 Likes

Love the wood and metal combo. Never thought they paired well together but I am mistaken. Also, nice touch with some bullet casings on the second image! You can tell what the person on the inside is thinking with the facial expression.

2 Likes