Find all (ctrl-shift-F) search filter to filter out coregui

Hi!

When developing, I use the “find all” text search a lot (the one that opens with shift-ctrl-F). It searches all scripts in your project for text. It’s often the fastest way to open the script that defines that one function, instead of browsing explorer, and it is a great help when fixing bugs.

However, since it searches the whole project, it also returns hits in CoreGui. While this may sometimes be handy, most of the time I get a lot of useless results. To be able to see that it’s in CoreGui involves making the panel very wide.

I would like to filter out these results. There is a ‘filter’ button, but I don’t actually understand how it works.

Is there a way to filter out CoreGui from the ‘find all’ search results?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Press the filter button and type a path where you need to find the scripts.

For example, if you need to search for scripts in StarterGui, type “StarterGui” in the opened text box.

2 Likes

Thanks! I see now, it’s case sensitive, that confused me.

Is there no way to just filter CoreGui? It doesn’t seem to allow regex or multiple inputs. And still finds substrings in deep CoreGui paths.

But this helps already, I just need to type out the location each time. Actually really nice for searching only in subclasses.

1 Like

I don’t think there is, but you can ask in this topic.

1 Like

I’m honestly surprised that nobody has created a plugin to search all scripts, even before Roblox added said feature officially. A custom one could potentially provide better results and features.

2 Likes