ROBLOX - Find part incepting the fall of a particle emitter.
- Between the Spawn Block (1st image, far right) to the big grey wall (1st image, far left) there is 85 studs.
- I would like any part within these 85 studs from the Spawn Block with the name partName that IS IN THE PARTICLE EMITTER to be logged in the console.
- It doesn’t matter whether the part takes up the whole part emitter or just a bit of it.
- None. I’ve had and tried several different ideas listed below.
- I have thought about ray casting and got the basics set up, however it’s in a straight line and not following the curve of the particles - I’ve looked at a few Dev Forum posts about potential the equivalent of the “bullet drop”, but nothing has came up.
- Initially I thought about just a simple onTouched event, yet that doesn’t work with particle emitters so I’m just discarding that idea.
- I then thought about the “missle” idea with parts, but read a similar Dev Forum post here that is near to what I wish, however it said that the missle of spreading parts isn’t really effective, and I’d agree.
- Using this post, I then went and learnt about ray casting and did a basic test with that but it can’t really work with the length of my particles and the acceleration drop, no line from the Spawn Block will hit everywhere in the stream of 85 studs.
What Would Be Appreciated:
- Being pointed in the correct direction (ie. giving another technique that is both effective and possible).
- Being assisted with a simple ray cast script that can take note of the acceleration drop (listed below) - this would be amazing if anyone could assist.
These particle emitters however would be moving (attached to a player) in which the rays would need to fire out at constant intervals, this shouldn’t be a performance issue I hope (as only 1 would be in the game at a time) but any notes about this would be appreciated too.
- The particle emitter’s acceleration is [0, -15, 0].