Fonts in Creator Marketplace + 81 New Fonts

No, the Font Enum only has the old fonts in it that are already on the client. Since engineers plan on adding hundreds of other open source fonts, it would ne impossible to continue with the legacy font system Enums. Instead, the new fonts are loaded on the client, like other assets such as meshes, as needed rather than unnecessarily having hundreds of fonts take of space for users.

To set new fonts from a script, you should be creating a new Font data type. You can do this one of two ways:

textButton.FontFace = Font.new(“rbxassetid://12345”)

or

textButton.FontFace = Font.fromId(12345)
2 Likes

I see that the fonts don’t need to be installed to be used.
That’s pretty neat, because if I were to make a text customization plugin it would allow the user to insert those custom fonts in their text without the need of owning them!

3 Likes

In the future, please add a bulk-buy option for the fonts. Painful to go through and have to keep changing tabs to get the fonts I want.

4 Likes

OMGGGGGGG FONTS OMGGG!!! AHHHHHHH wow

Video is a whole diffrient story since moderation would be pain. Most likely only certain verified creators will be able to upload videos at best.
When it comes to fonts, I feel like there is a high chance that it will become available to the whole communtiy since moderation would be easy, as a font is just a relatively small spritesheet of images.

1 Like

YOOOO this is literally epic, im so excited for the full google fonts release. will definitely improve ui style

1 Like

Yes, I also plan to use

in my games as well.
1 Like

Finally! We have new fonts to the game!

This is really cool.

But the small window fits more fonts than the creator marketplace. It is more difficult to find fonts using the marketplace.

Its not feasible nor realistic to fit 1,500 fonts in a drop down. That is the worst UX imaginable.

5 Likes

A search bar would really add to the UX, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I’m guessing this particular reason is why they decided to make a fonts section in the toolbox.

It would definitely be painful having so many fonts to have to go through in that dinky little dropdown.

It’s much better to have new fonts be completely optional, where we can install each one individually.

ain’t no way in the past TWO weeks roblox have released the some of the best updates

#robloxredemptionarc23

And how are 4 fonts per page taking up the entire screen and requiring an internet connection better than 10 fonts per page + infinite scrolling + off-line support + taking up less apace?

As someone who often doesn’t know what font to choose from, I just scroll through the fonts until I find one that looks good. I feel it would be more annoying the scroll through 1500+ fonts in a little text label property box than to scroll through a marketplace and see the visuals of the fonts.

Plus, I don’t want to have my font list cluttered with a bunch of fonts I’m never gonna use… having the ability to pick and choose the fonts I want to show up is a much better experience than listing them all and cluttering my view in my opinion.

4 Likes

This is a huge breakthough for roblox and in my opinion, a much needed feature. For a long time we’ve been limited to only a few fonts, now we have an entire catalogue!

I strongly believe that players should be given the ability to create their own fonts, to make them unique to each individual game, and possibily being able to publish them to the roblox toolbox. This would provide a plethora of opportunities, from fictional dialects, to alien languages, or just a unique font for a game!

Thank you roblox.

It’s not. Images needs it too. In fact, the entire toolbox needs it. Take models for instance. There’s a section on buildings. If I want…say a dessert house…I should be able to search for that within the buildings category and not all categories.

Just saying.

1 Like

The sad reality when this guy realizes that Comic Sans MS isn’t free.

But the current method is what’s cluttering the view. What I’ve suggested is faster to use, more compact, doesn’t require an internet connection and keeps it all nicely in 1 tab.

have u ever heard of memory before

5 Likes