Free SCPF doors!

Free SCPF doors!

Hey! I haven’t been developing in Roblox much lately and I’m thinking to quit the SCPF genre or maybe even Roblox, so I think it would be nice if I just release the doors I made and almost had no chance to use it. I do not want any credit but feel free to do so if you wish. I’m sure some people will find great use of it.

Preview

https://gyazo.com/f2571b71aba79052f6af4bf7df621557

License

This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.

Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or
distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled
binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any
means.

In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors
of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the
software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit
of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and
successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of
relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this
software under copyright law.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR
OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE,
ARISING FROM, OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

For more information, please refer to https://unlicense.org

Model

Although there’s no documentation about it since I’m lazy to write one, I’m sure you’ll be fine setting it up as it was just dragging the stuff into their folders. For clearance, just find the clearance script inside the door and set it to true or false.

46 Likes

These are really good :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Woah, Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Oh my god. Thank you SO SO SO Much. I’m working on my own SCP:F game and the thing that’s been stopping me from building the actual site is doors, this has just saved me so long, better yet they look really good. Thank you.

2 Likes

This is fantastic!
I’ve been wanting to create an SCP game for a while, but I’ve had problems with some of the free door models + they didn’t look quite how I wanted, but these are perfect!

2 Likes

Hello, I think these doors you have are amazing pieces of tech and will help me a lot with my site. My 1 question is, is there a tutorial or could you help me by telling me is there a way to insert different models in to this door and make it work?

1 Like

For Armored and Big Door, the process is still simple. When it comes to Swing Door it’ll be complex.

Armored Door

Union left and right side of your door, duplicate the sound part and script. Make sure all of them are inside the door group. Here’s the picture:

Now then, duplicate both of left and right sides of your door and disable CanCollide, CanTouch then make it transparent. We’re going to be using this as an open position so put it wherever you like it to open. Name it LeftdoorOpen and RightdoorOpen. (case sensitive, not sure if both of them need to be a part)

Next, follow the same step as above but this time we’re going to use it as a closed position so no need to move anything. Duplicate the clearances script and light. (the script won’t work though if you change the model name)

Feel free to use transparent parts instead of duplicating the entire door model. Just make sure to resize them to the same as the door model.

Big Door

Now, this is simple compared to the last one, union your door model and put it in under “doorModel”.

Now you’re going to do the same as the last one, duplicate the door and disable CanColide, CanTouch then makes it transparent. Name both of them doorClosed and doorOpen, put doorOpen in wherever you want it to open, doorClose wherever you want it to close.

The last part is to duplicate the clearances, Script, CardReader, sound, and Light.

I’m not going to write how to use a custom swing door, for now, the process is complex but tell me if you need it.

6 Likes

Thank you for that!

I was able to change over both doors easily following your steps.

Just something with the armoured door that you may want to look at is when you open it, I noticed one side of the door drops down by 0.1 studs, so it’s slightly lower than the other side.

Here’s an image of it before and after:

Before:

After:

It’s minimal so it doesn’t really matter but I just thought I’d show this.

5 Likes

Ah, thanks! I didn’t notice it but it should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Hey! Some Questions.

1. Are They Level Doors (So you need certain keycard to open)
  2. Is it possible for the big Blast Door (That goes up) Possible to switch it so it slides open.
1 Like

Answering your first question, yes they are. There’s a clearance script for that so you can specify which card to set it to true or false.

For the second question, you’ll need to move the blast door open part to the side so it’ll slide open.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Ill test it out when I can!

Hello! This is a great system you got and I know you said you will be quitting roblox but was hoping you could maybe make one more door that is like a lockdown door that closes and stays closed until you press E again to open? If not that is totally fine I might be able to find a way I have some knowledge but there is a decent amount of code here for me to understand all of it lol, so if you do have free time to do it that would be amazing if you can’t that’s fine as well, either way, thank you for making these free doors!!!

Sure, I’ve added a lockdown door. Let me know if there’s a bug.

Hey thanks, man the clearances do not work the button is outside the door could this cause the clearance to not work correctly?

After checking the code I think you forgot to add the function that checks if they are the right clearance not 100% sure how to fix

1 Like

Oh, well I thought lockdown doors didn’t need clearances so I didn’t put it in lol. I’ll add it later on.

1 Like

Oh ok lol thank you again for adding it!

Added clearance, you should be able to use it now.

3 Likes