[FRESH] Keyboard Moddeled

Really though, Blender isn’t that useful, I will keep that in mind also I am not being harsh, in the title is says Help and Feedback, I am simply giving him Feedback and help, I gave them help by saying get Blender and Feedback by saying it is not that good, the numbers aren’t in the right place, there aren’t enough letter buttons for the letters and such.

1 Like

I honestly, no offence to them, think they are below that.

Please, no offence again, learn better English & learn to use more maths. Keep learning and one day you will be very good at what you do.

Sorry for my rudeness (idk if it is) but you’ve been developing for 9 years and you’re only 15.
Which means you’ve been developing ever since you were 6 years old? Kinda impressed you got into it at that age.

2 Likes

I’m not original US, I’m learning it

What? Original US? XxkerrishxX was replying to Aec_hes, their comment doesn’t have anything to do with your post… Also what do you mean Original US? …

Well, here is my keyboard that I made in Blender, textured and imported to studio. Remember, I made this pretty fast so it may not look the best, funnily enough I made it in about half an hour and so did OP so who’s is better? OP’s made in studio, Mine made in Blender which is clearly easier to model stuff in?

Open

I scaled it up so you can see it better.

1 Like

I’m just gonna say it, pretty much everyone in the comments are right. Not much to say since they made all the points.

• The different heights of the keys are really triggering me (they’re supposed to have the same height)

• You should look at references, it’ll improve your works.

• If you’re trying to build something small, lower your increment.

• While Blender is not required, it’ll be a great thing to learn to improve your builds.

You don’t need to immediately get into it though, just learn it when you’re ready.

As a modeler, starting out is pretty tough but you’ll eventually learn how to use it if you try. The first step is to learn the basics of the software and you’ll get the hang of it.

P.S.

I feel kind of sorry saying all this and the others being blunt but please be respectful to their opinions. If you’re asking for feedback you should accept the criticism and opinions.

As for your grammar, I don’t think it’s as important with development, but having better English would confuse fewer people around you. I personally have this problem since I’m not good at English at my age yet it’s the only language I know. :sweat_smile: I probably just hate reading books.
But yea, Grammarly helps sometimes.

Wow, lots of different shots of it I see, what a model.

Your user really fits you btw. I can totally see you rebelling. :laughing:

1 Like

Ha, thanks my user is actually from my dog, his name is Rebel, I love your outfit. :grin:

Edit: btw, sent you a friend request, you seem cool xD

1 Like

Hey. I like your enthusiasm and determination.
But I simply don’t think this is something that you should do as an opposition to your work of UI Designing. If this is something you really want to try, feel free to carry on working hard, but you need to work on your actual building abilities, this isn’t something that anyone on roblox would pay for, although it seems you’ve tried, I think you should start with something smaller, maybe working on extending some of the already made buildings on ROBLOX Studio? Following the same design concept as those builds and working from there, this would be a good starting point, and I also don’t recommend posting something like this on devforum, since you are still young some of the comments may not be in your favour.

Good luck in the future and I hope you can learn from these mistakes.

1 Like

Mate RBG isn’t a thing, I think you mean RGB - Red Green and Blue, and also I doubt you will get that many no offence, and if you do it most likely will just be getting feedback.

Also:

When we get 100 likes, I will make RBG Keyboard!

It’s RGB, not RBG.

1 Like

No? You just scale the model up and then you scale it down using a plugin.

Have you considered that OP is less skilled than you?

Cough
2 Likes

You don’t need blender to create a nicer detailed keyboard.

Scale everything really big, once you make it look as detailed as you want it to be, convert it to a UnionOperation then export selection and convert that file into a MeshPart, then resize the meshpart.

They probably weren’t born in the US and they’re learning English as a second language. Cut ‘em some slack.

1 Like

The keyboard is very good. I recommend using some color, it will make it a 10/10 model. and maybe after that you can make a whole gaming setup!

i suggest learning to use blender to get the right dimensions for the keys, and i also suggest adding a text label to the parts so that you can add like text on the key

Look down. And then look up, build what you saw when you looked down. And boom you have a realistic keyboard. Even better, add a decal to a part next to your model of a keyboard, an look at that keyboard instead. Use unions and negating to make the shape, like @goalmwo said. then use the size of a single key to guide you to make all the other keys in place of a normal keyboard. I would personally add a small icon on top of the board to make it look like it’s branded.

Try not to be so harsh with your criticism. Look for good then target the bad. Making them feel bad about it won’t motivate them to do better. It becomes less constructive and more rude.

2 Likes

Just reading through this, why is everyone flaming this guy lmfao.

I’ve seen quite a lot of constructive criticism from people in this thread, especially @Rebellion2895 and honestly they just come off as plain rude, as many other people have said.

Try to be helpful without putting people down; you were once a beginner and you should probably humble yourself before criticising other people’s work.

As for the OP, I personally do recommend you try to improve through looking at reference pictures and just overall improving your work before seeking for feedback and overall criticism, this place can be rough for newer people as you probably already learnt.

Edit
Man, just skimmed through this again and you guys were even harsh about a non-native English speaker’s ability to speak English…

Honestly just plain sad at this point.

11 Likes